Questions questions questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Questions questions questions

Alright, lets see, where to start....ah, here we go:

What weapons give pinning tests? i've scoured a few codices and the updated Rulebook and can only find ordnance, barrage, and a vague reference to sniper rifles.

Can a unit of snipers in area cover (lets say a grove of trees) 3" from the edge shoot at unit B which is 27" away on open ground, and not be shot at or seen; or does the unit have to move out of cover before they can fire?

I see the animal, the beast that is mankind whenever I look in the mirror. It saddens me greatly to see how far we have fallen...

Deserve Victory, my friends, for we stand as the last in line.

When all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Longfangs
    Alright, lets see, where to start....ah, here we go:

What weapons give pinning tests? i've scoured a few codices and the updated Rulebook and can only find ordnance, barrage, and a vague reference to sniper rifles.

Can a unit of snipers in area cover (lets say a grove of trees) 3" from the edge shoot at unit B which is 27" away on open ground, and not be shot at or seen; or does the unit have to move out of cover before they can fire?
    all barrage weapons cause pinning. ordinance barrage at -1 to pinning test. Sniper rifles used to, most contend they still do, although no where in their description does it say they do.Now looking at SM codex (lasted printed one with SR in them) it does say they are pinning. Eldar RR do as well, as it's in thier description also. Me, I'd let all sniper rifles pin, but if you want to go against a hard As$, you may want to point out that they are pinning in the SM codex (which doens't overrule anything, but it does show that GW is consistant with third edition where all sniper rifles pinned). Their are of course other things that do pin, just check weapon description.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Longfangs
    Weapons that can Pin are those with the "Pinning" special rule, like Sniper Rifles. Ordnance and Barrage weapons always have this. There are others and they are indicated in their respective codices.

A model can always shoot out of cover as the distance between it and the edge of the area terrain it is in is not further than 6".
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Ostsol, I didn't hink Ordinance pinned, only odinance barrage. Just checking there mate.

and yes, models may see through/into or out of up to 6" of area terrain. You may not see through sections of at that neither unit is in.
    So if unit a and unit b are both in forrest (say 1" from the edge) and thier is a forrest in between, along with unit C and D ala

XAXXCX

XXXX

XBXXXDX

unit a and b cannot see each other.
    A can see C, C can see D, C can see A, D can see B and C.

Hope that helps.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen
    Ostsol, I didn't hink Ordinance pinned, only odinance barrage. Just checking there mate.
    My mistake; you are correct.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

+ Reply to Thread