Combat Drugs, etc. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Combat Drugs, etc.

I'm new to WH40k and started to play a Dark Eldar army. Nevertheless I don't have a tactical question, instead I need a rule clarification (my Codex is in English, though my mothertongue is German).

a) I'm not absolutely sure how to use Combat Drugs. Do I have to throw a dice and take the advantage I get. Or am I allowed to pick the advantage I want and only need to throw a (in fact at least two) dice to know whether I suffer a wound?

b) The Wyches' CloseCombat Save was improved in the Codex Update. They are now allowed to take a 4+ invulnarable save ...
    ... all the time in Close Combat
    ... only during my turn
    ... only in the first turn and only if they started the Close Combat assault?

2. Remove Advertisements

Here and there
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

188 (x4)

There are 2 types of combat drugs. One is used by squads of wyches, helions and reavers. The other is used by characters.

For the squad type you simply roll at the beginning of the game to see what the effect is for the whole squad. There is no wounding involved

For the character type you select how may options you wish to take for that turn at the beginning of the assault phase, you then roll that many dice and take a wound for each double and die if you roll a triple. you may not select the same choice more than once per assault phase, and you may change which ones you choose from turn to turn.

wyches get a 4+ invulnerable in CC always
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread