Daemon prince help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

Daemon prince help

Well, i have been planning what (i think) is the ultimate in daemon prince technology but in doing so i have come up with a bunch of unclear rules issues (i think.....again), so hear goes,

1- Can a lord with terminator armour carry the benefits over if
    a) he becomes a daemon prince
    b) He gets the daemonic stature upgrade
    2- The above query (i.e. the carrying over of equipment) also applies to bolt pistols, plasma pistols, cc weapons, etc.

I.e. any standard equipment given to a lord, does it continue to be able to be used if the lord 'becomes' a daemon prince.

3- A Khorne model has access to a berserker glaive...this weapon means you immediately succumb to blood frenzy BUT the rules for blood frenzy say this cant happen if you are making a jump pack move.

Therefore, if your Lord/DP has the daemonic wings upgrade does this mean he can choose to make a 'flight' move or succumb to blood frenzy?

4- A model with the daemonic stature upgrade counts as a monstrous creature, does this mean that combi bolters (in the codex they are two handed) count as one handed and so give an extra attack when used in conjunction with a hand weapon (i have seen models holding them in one hand and its absurd to assume a mighty daemon prince would need to hands for a measley bolter)

Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain.Snowball
    Well, i have been planning what (i think) is the ultimate in daemon prince technology but in doing so i have come up with a bunch of unclear rules issues (i think.....again), so hear goes,

1- Can a lord with terminator armour carry the benefits over if
    a) he becomes a daemon prince
    A Daemon Prince is just a lord with a certain amount of Daemonic Gifts. There are no other particular rules regarding it.
    b) He gets the daemonic stature upgrade
    Daemonic Stature presents several limitations on what equipment the Lord can use. He cannot, for example, wear Terminator Armour. Other details are in the codex.

2- The above query (i.e. the carrying over of equipment) also applies to bolt pistols, plasma pistols, cc weapons, etc.

I.e. any standard equipment given to a lord, does it continue to be able to be used if the lord 'becomes' a daemon prince.
    If the Lord's configuration prevents certain gear and weapons from being used, he cannot even take them.

4- A model with the daemonic stature upgrade counts as a monstrous creature, does this mean that combi bolters (in the codex they are two handed) count as one handed and so give an extra attack when used in conjunction with a hand weapon (i have seen models holding them in one hand and its absurd to assume a mighty daemon prince would need to hands for a measley bolter)

Regards
    A Monstrous Creature uses weapons in the same manner as any other model. It does not get to use two-handed weapons as single-handed weapons. Furthermore, just because a weapon is single-handed does not mean that it counts as a second close combat weapon for the bonus attack. Furthermore, as I said: Daemonic Stature limits what the Lord may take from the Armoury. See the codex for more details.
    Why do the survivors remain anonymous -- as if cursed -- while the dead are revered? Why do we cling to what we lose while we ignore what we still hold?
    Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place, and stand there still in each moment of our lives.

--Duiker, "Deadhouse Gates"

-Ostsol

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ostsol
    A Daemon Prince is just a lord with a certain amount of Daemonic Gifts. There are no other particular rules regarding it.
    Except that he now counts as being a Daemon, so weapons that effect Daemons in certain ways will effect him. :yes: However, anything else is just as normal, and it's a name given to him instead of "Lord."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

3- A Khorne model has access to a berserker glaive...this weapon means you immediately succumb to blood frenzy BUT the rules for blood frenzy say this cant happen if you are making a jump pack move.
    You may not have any form of movement mode on your Lord if he has a Berzerker Glaive. This was ammended in the Third Printing of the Chaos Codex, which not everyone has. So simply by having the Glaive, you don't have the option of buying Daemonic Flight.

If a weapon is a two handed weapon, then it remains a two handed weapon no matter what model wields it. There is one, and only one, exception to this rule - The Kai Gun. All other weapons will remain two handed even in the hands of a Statured Prince.

+ Reply to Thread