How to take wounds in CC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

How to take wounds in CC

Ok this is what happened. I charged a 4 man terminator squad. I inflicked 2 wounds. He failed his save so he took two wounds. He removed one model and gave his Librarian the other wound. We where both woundering if he can do that or would he have to remove another model instead?

In the four games I have played everyone removes models that have 1 wounds and saves the 2 or more wound model until the last.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior
    Ok this is what happened. I charged a 4 man terminator squad. I inflicked 2 wounds. He failed his save so he took two wounds. He removed one model and gave his Librarian the other wound. We where both woundering if he can do that or would he have to remove another model instead?

In the four games I have played everyone removes models that have 1 wounds and saves the 2 or more wound model until the last.
    He can't do that. The Librarian is an IC, and as such, counts as its own unit in CC. Therefore, the two wounds either had to be applied to the Librarian, or the two wounds had to be applied to the Terminators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you Lost Nemesis. Thats wha tI thought but both of us being new are still learning the rules.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    He can't do that. The Librarian is an IC, and as such, counts as its own unit in CC. Therefore, the two wounds either had to be applied to the Librarian, or the two wounds had to be applied to the Terminators.
    Hi, I'm the player in question that apparently screwed the pig on the rules here. One thing I wanted to clarify; this was NOT an elite troop choice of termies with a Librarian HQ choice attached. This was an HQ choice librarian with the optional termie retinue of termie bodyguards. Does that make the least bit of difference?
    Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Sorry bud I for got that it was a HQ that we where talking about. Then again it was late when I posted the question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Doesn't make a difference. An Independent Character is always an IC, even if you buy him a bodyguard/retinue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    Doesn't make a difference. An Independent Character is always an IC, even if you buy him a bodyguard/retinue.

thanx mega. Sorry AW, I messed up the rules on that it seems :wacko:

We'll know for next time, just like now I know not to get in CC with GKs!! AND always aks about what weapons models are carrying. Dang that 36" range...
    Stormcrows Chapter of the Space Marines
    Praemonitus praemunitus
    Enemy: W/L/D
    IG: 2/0/0
    Tyranids: 1/1/1
    Chaos: 4/0/1
    DH: 3/1/1
    SW: 0/1/0
    SM: 1/0/0
    Orcs: 1/0/0
    Necron: 2/2/0
    Total: 14/5/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dremmen
    AND always aks about what weapons models are carrying. Dang that 36" range...
    Just a note: IC's can *not* be picked out from their squads by ranged weapons. The rule about ICs counting as seperate squads only applies to melee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x2)

I'm actually curious on this one too, playing Orks I have the option to upgrade a boy to a Nob. A Nob is not an IC, but does have 2 wounds. So same situation as above, but replace Termie with Slugga Boy and Librarian with Nob... Can I allocate one wound to a Boy and then 1 to the Nob, instead of removing a 2nd Boy?

My friends and I usually play this as yes I can do that, however the next wound the unit suffers has to go on the Nob 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC
    Absolutley hands down spot on. All the stuff about "reverts to IC status" etc makes not one jot of difference in combat, he counts as a seperate unit, this is why spacemarnies should never give their characters power fists or thinder hammers
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast