Flanking Tanks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flanking Tanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Flanking Tanks

Hey this may sound right or crazy but I played a Tau player the other day and moved my Gk's around his hammerhead (not getting any closer than 1" (in my movement phase) getting them ready to fire and then assualt BUT he told me than I couldnt flank a tank and that I had to move straight forward.

I think he is confusing the assault rules with the movement...

To me this sounds quite stupid but he said it was in the rules but couldn't show me where. But wouldnt allow me to do it all the same...

HELP:wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like he is confusing assault and movement. In the movement phase you can move wherever you want as long as you stay in coherency and more than 1" from enemy models (wherever you want within the units movement range).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I looked through the BGB and did not see anything that the other player was talking about. I think he was upset that you where going to shoot him in the rear.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

What Miril stated was correct. You can move anywhere you want following those restrictions... so if he parked right next to you, you could move around him to shoot and subsequently assault from the best angle possible.

Just remember that while in the movement phase you are free to go however, in assault you must move in the most direct route with your closest model and then engage from there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like this other player was not happy to see that his "fish of fury" rules exploit didn't work.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by InnuitFireman
    sounds like this other player was not happy to see that his "fish of fury" rules exploit didn't work.
    Heheheheh...

Yeah, he either doesn't know the rules or is trying to keep you from doing things beneficial to success. The movement phase is when a squad would decide something like that.

"Hey, we should move around the side where all the guns are not pointing and the armor is thinner, Justicar."

Assault phase, it's all out.

"Kill maim burn Kill maim burn Kill maim burn Kill maim burn!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

As mentioned, you can move any way you want in the movement phase. For rules purposes, tanks can drive sideways and backwards, as you can make as many turns as you want during the movement phase (something I feel is crap compared to movement speeds of second edition). Further, any model may move in any direction as long as they don't move through impassable terrain, through another model (friendly), or within 1" of an enemy. All covered on p 15 of bgb under movement.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread