Ork Warboss - Multiples? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Ork Warboss - Multiples?

Okay, just reading through the Ork 'dex and the Ork FAQ from the GW website, and I can't find anything that states you can't take more than one Warboss.

Fluffwise, it's a big no-no, but I can't find anything, ruleswise, that seems to state this... just something that's making me curious.

You must have one, but it does not say "only one"... if it does somewhere, would someone kindly point it out for me? :yes: Thanks!

edit: And before I'm told to, I most certainly did use the Search function, both in this forum and in the Orks forum, and I couldn't find anything. ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Heh, unless you have yourself a copy of the first printing ork codex, then all of the HQ choices should say 0-1.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Heh, unless you have yourself a copy of the first printing ork codex, then all of the HQ choices should say 0-1.
    All of them but the Warboss say 0-1.... so I'm guessing, this is a first printing codex. :wacko:

Clears things up a bit. But wouldn't they have that info in a FAQ or something? Or, rather, I should say shouldn't they...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Couldn't tell you why they didn't say that in the FAQ at the moment, but I remember that somewhere it does say that it would be impossible for more than one boss to lead the same army (Same FOC that is) simply because there can be only one big bad leader...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Couldn't tell you why they didn't say that in the FAQ at the moment, but I remember that somewhere it does say that it would be impossible for more than one boss to lead the same army (Same FOC that is) simply because there can be only one big bad leader...
    That's the fluff talking there, buddy.

So, in the most recent printing of the codex, Warboss is limited to 1? 'Cause it can't be 0-1, since you must take one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Well I have a second printing and it does say 0-1, and then it says you must take him which makes the 0 redundant...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Well I have a second printing and it does say 0-1, and then it says you must take him which makes the 0 redundant...
    Huh, that's kinda funny... but, it does limit it to only one, so. ^_^ Answers my question, thanks.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Then it should read "1" like my codex for Command Platoons. You must take mone and may not take more than one. Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Yet it doesn't say that, which most likely has to do with the fact that the ork codex is ancient especially compared to the fact that the gaurd codex is very much new when compared to the ork one...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

This is very interesting. Most of the Ork players around here must have the first printing because 2 warbosses are very common.

Can't wait to break the news

+ Reply to Thread