would you accept? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

would you accept?

i dont know if someone haas asked this before but here i go-
    if i played an Iron Warriors list but the models i was using were painted like black legion (1st army and easy paint job) would you accept it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I would, personally, as I don't think there's actually a rule stating you have to paint them exactly like so and so paints them, etc. ... :yes:

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

It might not go over well in a tournament setting, but in local games as long as you are up front about what you're doing, sure.

*edit* to clarify what Nemesis posted about no rule against it - mostly true. There's no rule against in the BGB or codex, but most tournament rule packets state that you can't have a deceptive paint scheme when using a codex chapter... such as having ultramarine logos and colors while playing with blood angel rules. I would say the same thing would apply here. Local/friendly games are np, but be careful in tournament play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by moob
    It might not go over well in a tournament setting, but in local games as long as you are up front about what you're doing, sure.

*edit* to clarify what Nemesis posted about no rule against it - mostly true. There's no rule against in the BGB or codex, but most tournament rule packets state that you can't have a deceptive paint scheme when using a codex chapter... such as having ultramarine logos and colors while playing with blood angel rules. I would say the same thing would apply here. Local/friendly games are np, but be careful in tournament play.
    ok thank you, would this change slightly as i have given my models the iron warriors mark on there shoulder pads?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

In all honesty, I don't think most people would care as IIRC, the Black Legion don't actually have any special rules that could confuse others. I'd just maybe repaint your general, and maybe oblits or something IW-ish, to their paint scheme if it's not too much work.

If you do take them to tournament play, just make sure to be very upfront about them following IW rules and there *shouldn't* be a problem (unless you come up against a total and complete jerk).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I would let you use them. Like the rest has said about tournaments just let people know.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

The Black Legion does whatever the bloody hell they want. There's no reason fluffwise that you could not do this. They are the full spectrum of Chaos, and I think any Legion's rules could be bent to their use. Anyone who will not allow you to do so is a jerk.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

I certainly would have no dramas with it mate.

Just mention it before the game starts and ther is no problem.

What happens at certain tournaments is another thing. If your keen on tournaments a little drybrushing and the shoulderpads you mentioned would stop them from looking like the Black Legion and there would be no "deception" on your part.

Have fun

+ Reply to Thread