LatD + Word Bearer Allies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

LatD + Word Bearer Allies

Hey, all, got another Chaos question for you..

I'm planning on having Word Bearer Allies for my LatD army in the 1000+ points range, and was just wondering if this is legal:

I can only have a certain number of Troops choices as Allies from Codex: CSM. However, the Word Bearers may sacrifice other slots (Fast Attack, etc.) to include more Troops. Could I sacrifice the Fast Attack choice from the Allied part to include another squad of Troops?

This would technically bring me over in the amount of Allied Troops I have, but at the same time it would be trading that Fast Attack choice.. so using up the Fast Attack choice, not the Troops choice.

A very confusing matter which I'm hoping someone here can help me with. :yes: Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Sorry mate but you can't have them in the same army.

LatD is an army list in its own right that can have standard marines in it.

What your asking for is akin to having an army thats half Alpha Legion and half Emperors Children.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard
    Sorry mate but you can't have them in the same army.

What your asking for is akin to having an army thats half Alpha Legion and half Emperors Children.
    Um.. what makes you think this?

LatD may have Allies from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, including Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, etc. ... what makes you think I can't take them? References would be nice. There is nothing that states that I must take standard Marines, either..

And no, it's not akin to that at all, as Alpha Legion can only have the Mark of Chaos Undivided, while Emperor's Children may only have the Mark of Slaanesh. That is blatantly against the rules, which this isn't, as far as I'm aware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard
    Check your Eye of Terror Codex. You'll see that LaTD armies are allowed to have Allied CSM units. So yes, it is legal.

My thoughts on your question are as such -

You're allowed to make use of Legion special rules, so should be allowed to swap out a Fast Attack slot for Troops if you so wish. However, this does not change the amount of allies you can take in the first place. So if you have already taken your limit on allied Troops choices, utilizing the Word Bearers special ability won't change that - it'll simply give you more Troops slots in the FO chart.

Edit -
    Trying to clarify. The Word Bearers special ability effects the FO Chart; not the limits of how many allied units you may include.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

So, if I were to take 2 Troops choices (filling my allowance from the Allies part), I would technically be able to use the Word Bearer's ability, but not include any more Troops?

So I could not bring in 3 Troops (one traded for a Fast Attack slot) to a LatD army from Codex: CSM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    So, if I were to take 2 Troops choices (filling my allowance from the Allies part), I would technically be able to use the Word Bearer's ability, but not include any more Troops?
    You could still use those extra slots given to you by the Word Bearers special ability to purchase Mutant, Traitors, or Gibbering Hordes. But once you've taken your 2 Allied Troops choices, you may not have any more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Alrighty, that's what I was looking for.

Thanks a bunch, Cal. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

sorry to chime in so late, but I am almost certain, that you cannot make use of the special rules of an allied force. SO you couold potentially sue some word bearers units, but not their special force organization rules (extra troop choices).

After all you are playing LatD, not Word Bearers. At least that is in the spirit of the rules for Demon and Witch hunters.

I am almost certain that many people would cry cheese, at least.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lamenter
    sorry to chime in so late, but I am almost certain, that you cannot make use of the special rules of an allied force. SO you couold potentially sue some word bearers units, but not their special force organization rules (extra troop choices).

After all you are playing LatD, not Word Bearers. At least that is in the spirit of the rules for Demon and Witch hunters.

I am almost certain that many people would cry cheese, at least.
    I can use Legion-specific special rules - says so in the LatD codex - but those special rules only apply to the Allied CSM Legion, not to the LatD, so the Word Bearers thing does me no good. But I can use the special rules.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Sorry, I should have chosen my words a bit more carefully. Of course you can use the allied's special rules for the allied forces. But you cannot use their special army selection rules, as you have stated.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.
    Shut up and play.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast