Blood Claws charging - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blood Claws charging

So I'm pouring though my Space Wolves codex, thinking about some nifty stratigies I could try out, when I came again across the Blood Claws "Headstrong" special rule. For those that don't know it, the rule states:
    Mod Edit -
    We don't need to reprint it here, because that's wrong.

~Cal

In my head I saw this; a pack of 10 Blood Claws charges an IG infantry platoon and decemates it (there are say, 2 IG left). The platoon falls back, the BC pack follows and destroys it. This now places the pack at least within 6" of another IG infantry platoon (knowing the friend I play with, he'll have probably have them all clumped together. I never said he was an intelligent player).
    Because the pack is within 6" of an enemy unit, technically this means that it gets to charge again, and gets 4 attacks again. If this is true, then my 9 Blood Claws could theoretically gut the entire IG infantry....I'm just dreaming, aren't I?

Last edited by Caluin; August 11th, 2006 at 16:27.
    I see the animal, the beast that is mankind whenever I look in the mirror. It saddens me greatly to see how far we have fallen...

Deserve Victory, my friends, for we stand as the last in line.

When all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are. The rule doesnt say that you get multiple assault moves in one assault phase, just that you have to take one if you can. The key words difference here is has to, vs gets to.
    Last edited by Miril; August 11th, 2006 at 06:03.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

You can only charge in the beginning of the assault phase. Just because you get within 6" after a consolidation move doesn't mean you auto-charge again... but you'd have to on your next turn if both units were still that close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn....ah well, I still have the vision of my Blood Claws tearing the heart out of an IG infantry core... Thanks
    I see the animal, the beast that is mankind whenever I look in the mirror. It saddens me greatly to see how far we have fallen...

Deserve Victory, my friends, for we stand as the last in line.

When all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

+ Reply to Thread