Deep Striking Into Close Combat... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if i could deep strike my flayed ones directly into combat. I know they cannot move or assault, but if i can fit them under the ord. template in base to base contact with enemy models will they start out in melee that turn?

iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope , they have to be atleast 1 inch away from the enemy when you are teleporting in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm... i guess flayed ones werent quite as good as i had thought
    iron Hands
    Haemonculus Coven Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, you have to be able to fit them on the template but at least 1" away from an enemy. Any models that you can't fit at least 1" away are killed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The rules have been changed somewhat from the original BBB rule. Still can't DS into combat, though. From the FAQ:

1. Models deploying from Deep Strike cannot assault that turn, so must be placed at least 1" away from the enemy (you're not allowed to move to within 1" of the enemy except in the Assault phase). If any models are unable to do this, those models are destroyed.

2. When placing Deep Striking or Summoned models on the large ordnance template it is permissible to overlap bases by the minimum needed to fit the unit onto the template. Players must make every effort to fit models onto the template however congested they become. Sometimes, however, it may even be necessary (as a last resort) to place models beyond the edge of the template if the unit is particularly large. Under no circumstances should a player use this facility to get within shooting or charge range of a unit that would not otherwise be in reach and so they may only shoot or assault (if Summoned, Deep Striking troops cannot assault) enemy units that can be reached by measuring from the edge of the template. You may not overlap the edge of the template in this way if any enemy models are even partially under the template. So if a big unit is arriving do not attempt to bring it in close to the enemy, as the consequences could be messy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless of course if you have Tyranids and have the ferocious brood - Chapter Approved 2004. Yummy, deep striking and straight away assaulting.

Closed Thread