Taking Special Character in your Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Taking Special Character in your Army

Can I as a BA player take a Special Character and use him in a GW sponsored Tournement? It seems like this can be done with Tau and Tyranid characters but is it legal to do this with BA and all other SM special characters?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

If the special character (or anything else, for that matter) says you need opponent's consent, you won't be allowed it at tournaments.

That's a general rule, though - check your tournament pack or contact the organisers.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Taking this one step forward, and generalising for all games -
    • Some special characters state whether or not you have to get your opponent's consent - this rule must be followed.
    • If they do not state that you must have your opponent's consent to use, you can use them in any friendly game without permisison, though it is generally a good idea (and sportsmanlike, to boot) to inform your opponent pre-game that you intend to use a special character.
    • As for tourneys, it will always depend on the tourney organiser, so it is always a good idea to check with them to see if 1) they allow special characters at all, and 2) if so, if they allow special characters that require opponent's consent.

+ Reply to Thread