Can you move 12" and fire Heavy Flamers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you move 12" and fire Heavy Flamers?

Does anyone know if there is any erratta or update that answers this question. The witchhunter Immolator can move 12" and fire its' heavy flamer turret, but a Chimera cannot. I know there is an entry under the immolator allowing this but I guess I cannot justify in my head why one can and one can't.

"No dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. You win a war by making the other dumb bastard die for his country." General George S. Patton, Jr.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I don't think there's an errata or FAQ or anything covering this... I think it's simply a case of GW inconsistentcy. If I even spelled that correctly....

Since it's part of the rules and listed specifically in the Immolator's entry, they can do it. Since it's not for a Chimera, they follow the normal rules, and therefore, may not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always kinda attributed this to the fact that it was women driving and shooting. Have you seen my wife drive? :yes:

I am so dead if she sees this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't you mean hellhound? And yeah, I have no clue.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by pelmen78
    Don't you mean hellhound? And yeah, I have no clue.
    No, the Hellhound has an Inferon Cannon - you can give the Chimera a Heavy Flamer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I think It's a matter of context. The chimera does not list any special shooting rules while the immolator specificaly mention it. The chimera would be bound by the conventional rules for moving and shooting for vhehicals. I guess it could be assumed that the immolator has a more advanced promethium pump or somthing. Or that S.o.bs in power armor are not afraid of a little fire unlike the humbel IG. because of when the codexs were published this was probably intential.

Thought for the day: A Burning Heretic , Will brighten the Decor of any room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An immolator has a turret which is designed to externally carry a gunner, and the special rule is very vechile specific, and the immolator, along with the Excorsist are two tanks fielded exclusively be sisters. However, the chimera is primarily a vechile used by IG, and has the choice of other weapons. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the chimera only used by the Witch hunter Inquisitor themselves, as they aren't actually sisters of battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardy_Wierdy View Post
    Claymore equipped guard? Dont be absurd. They are getting frag grenades and six feet of string instead.

+ Reply to Thread