BA and rolling for DC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BA and rolling for DC

Do IC's like Librarians and Sanguiary Priests roll to join the DC. Do chaplains? Do they not have to roll if they have a squad attached (honourr guard)?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The codex states (don't have it with me for page ref, but early on, I believe under the red thirst section) which units roll to become DC members... ICs do not, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x4)

As the above poster said, its in the codex in the BA special rules section. Pretty much every squad except "attack bike squadrons" have to roll for it I believe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but Independant Characters aren't "squads" persay and it does not mention them.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The codex, P4 under "The Death Company", third paragraph, the one in italics lists all the squads that roll for the DC. If it's not listed there, it doesn't roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    46 (x1)

Ergo

Quote Originally Posted by LordMephiston
    Yes but Independant Characters aren't "squads" persay and it does not mention them.

Mephiston,

Since the Codex doesn't mention them, obviously you do not have to roll for them. The roll for Death Company is conducted on a squad by squad basis, using those squads listed in italics on page 4.

Valerian

Ediit: Sorry Moob has already said the same thing. I apologize for the unnecessary post.

+ Reply to Thread