All Terminator Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All Terminator Army

Hello,
    i have played Eldar for years and am considering starting a CSM army. In WD there was an article about all terminator armies and I have seen pictures from various Games Days of the same. My question is:
    Where are the rules for an all Terminator Army? Are there rules for a Chaos Space Marines all terminator army? I looked in the various Codexs but may have missed this section.
    Thanks,
    Will

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I believe the only rules for an all-Terminator army are the loyalist Deathwing Terminators, which are, I believe, an extension of the Dark Angels.

I could be wrong, however. I am pretty positive that there is no way to make an all-Terminator Chaos Space Marines army, but you can get pretty close. :yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

The dark angels deathwing (or 1st company) can and in fact must be made up of nearly only terminators. The only choices the list has are Terminators, dreadnoughts and landraiders. The rules for them are in the current dark angels codex.

I also believe thousand sons chaos marines can be made up nearly exclusively of terminators. It has been a while since I read the chaos codex though so I may in fact be wrong. The rules for them are in the codex, but I can't tell you for sure if they can in fact all be termies. Best of luck in your chaotic ways, you hell spawned heretic .
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't believe there are any set rules for a chaos terminator army except for, as Lost Nemesis said, the loyalist deathwing terminators. The maximum also depends on how much points a match would be, up to 40 can be fielded if your planning on a huge battle of 3000 pts or more. But I'm sure you could work out a set of rules with a friend who'd be willing to go up against a chaos terminator army.
    Armies\\
    Night Lords
    DaemonHunters

Can you hear the voices too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks a bunch. I had the feeling that the lists would be pretty specific. I was hoping, in the back of my Nurgle-infested mind, to make some really creative Nurglish Drop(ping)-pods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Servoskull
    Thanks a bunch. I had the feeling that the lists would be pretty specific. I was hoping, in the back of my Nurgle-infested mind, to make some really creative Nurglish Drop(ping)-pods
    Well you could always use the deathwing list, they have drop pods, just, you know, make them nurgly. A "count as" list if you will.
    Gargrimz Green Deff
    W:10 D:4 L:5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

theretically, you could make a very terminator oriented chaos army by just taking the minimum amount of troops and taking several large squads of termonators. however many squads of termies you take, they only fill one elite choice and in a standard 2000pt game, i think you could field somewhere around 20 termies as a maximum(the number of termies you can field depends on the size of the game ). although you couid theretically do this, it would make for an extreemly unbalenced list and i would highly advise against it. however, if you do chose to do this, this is what i would do in a 2000pt(i'm assuming thats as high as you'll go, but i could be wrong) match: 4 squads of 5 termies each(only occupies one elite choice) each with one reaper autocannon and all aspiring champions with lightning claws, and furious charge or tank hunters. also, you could make a supped up termie lord to go along with them. if you want fluff wise to create something of similar structure to a deathwing army, you could spend the remaining points on dreads, obliterators(alot like termies), landraiders.
    again, i want to emphasise that this would be an extreemly unbalanced list, but if you really want a termie oriented chaos army then be my guest.

anyway, i hope this helps

Senior Member Badruk the Mighty's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you still take nurglings as troop choices? I used to play 2nd Edition 40k against a nurgle player who used to field an army of dreadnoughts wading through a slimy sea of the resiliant and cheap little fellows. Perhaps you could do the same with your termies?
    If you drop a shell on your foot an it don't urt, your shoota aint big enough!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a limit to how many elite models you can take per game point values for the CSM. At 2k that's 20. At a average CSM termi cost, taking all 20 that's only about 650-700ish pts. Which still leaves 1300 pts left. Also remember CSM termis don't get all the same cool toys that SM termis can get. Granted taking a lord/LT in termi armor, a bunch of deamon packs for troops, and a landraider or two you could easliy eat up the rest of the pts. I don't that the army would be that effective but sounds fun. Would be very expensive to buy though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7
    4 squads of 5 termies each(only occupies one elite choice)
    That's not exactly correct. You can only have 1 group of chosen by themselves, however you can have a chosen (termies) as body guards to HQs as well, so normally the most you can get is 3 units.

However, remember that Tzeench allows his basic units to be upgraded to termies. If you went that route you could get a couple extra units (until you ran out of elite slots). However, you'd still have to have something for troops choices.
    Everything I have told you, even this, is a lie.

+ Reply to Thread