is he cheating? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: is he cheating?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

is he cheating?

a guy at my hobbie shop was using an army of lost and the damned allied with chaos marines. i don't have a codex eye of terror, but i thought i remebered that you could only field like one HQ, and two troops from codex chaos marines. the reason why i am conserned is becuase he fielded like 4 squads of chaos mares, several obliterators, a dreadnought, and raptors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Yes, he is cheating, though probably not as bad as you might first think.

Out of that list you mentioned he would be able to field the HQ, the Oblits, up to two squads of troops, and the Raptors. None of the Troops or Raptors can bear a Mark of Chaos, however, since he's taking the Obliterators as his Elites choice.

The Dreadnaught is just plain illegal. Heavy Support choices are not valid.

With that many allied troops, why isn't he just playing a standard Chaos List?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Probably so that he can get access to IG vehicles.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. If you want to be super-uber-right about every little thing, you shouldn't be playing. But, in your case, this is a good question. No, that list is not legal, and was there a person around who had authority or at least the codex?

'Cause if this was at a GW store, they should be ashamed.
    If terrorists ask you "Do you have a bullet through your head?" say proudly, with dignity, "No, I do not. Go fish."

Catalysts of Iron/Iron Warriors 0/0/0

Soldiers of the Forge Worlds Clan Founder.

+ Reply to Thread