Choppas V.s SoB Acts of faith - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Choppas V.s SoB Acts of faith

Came up in my last game.

The best armour save that can be made against an attack by an Orc Choppa is 4+.
    Sisters of Battle using the Act of Faith, Spirit of the Myrtar gain an Invulnerable save equal to their normal armour save.

Since a regular Sister has a 3+ armour save, does she get a 3+ armour save against a Choppas attack, or only 4+ as that is the armour save she would be allowed.:wacko:

On the weekend this happened to me, and I let the Orc player go saying the best save was 4+ since it was too much trouble to argue and I was enjoying myself. But you comments here would be great.

Sorry if it has been discussed before, as I was unable to find anything in this forum.

"Incoming fire has the right of way"

Witch Hunters 23~15~4 W/L/D
    Join me at Unification wars!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well no, they'd get the save, because they get an invulnerable one, whereas orks only go through normal armor.
    Though unnumbered lurking perils await us, our blades will ever be ready.
    FOR WE ARE THE EMPEROR'S VENGEANCE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Flashlight
    Well no, they'd get the save, because they get an invulnerable one, whereas orks only go through normal armor.
    thought choppa rule was vs any armor... will check in a sec and get back to you...
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Flashlight
    I think Forgotten Flashlight is right seeing as the SoB Act of Faith makes it an invulnerable save. Pretty sure choppas get their 4+ against armor saves only, alas I cannot speak with certainty as I do not have the codex with me as I am at work.:wacko: Which also means no links either.
    So there I was...

Buying things after alcohol consumption is a very interesting way to get into the hobby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/4...g/QnA-orks.htm

Ctrl+Find the word "stipulate" to find the question, as they are not numbered.

Answer: The Choppas modifier only applies to regular armor saves. Furthermore, this probably applies to cover saves as well, (for instance, Imperial Guard with the correct doctrines can get 3+ cover saves.)

EDIT: The assumption for cover saves was made due to how GW phrased the answer with "only".

EDIT: The assumption for cover saves was also made due to my brain fart. Thanks for the correction, LordLink.
    Last edited by Babel_Matrix; September 5th, 2006 at 03:47.
    Every whisper of the future from the Warp speaks of a hundred battles lost, a thousand lives devoured and a million enemies born. -- Inquisitor Lord Babel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Well thats not exactly Jimmy's asking. I think he wants to know whether the save turns invulnerable to prevent the choppa lowering it, or does the ork lower it THEN it turns invulnerable.

The answer is your save turns invulnerable 1st so it doesnt get altered.

You don't get cover saves in close combat so a choppa will never alter that. Until some bright ork decides to shoot choppas out his gun theres no altering cover.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou LordLink - that is what I am asking. Rep to you. :yes:

Does anyone know where I could get refferances to back this up?

Jimmy
    "Incoming fire has the right of way"

Witch Hunters 23~15~4 W/L/D
    Join me at Unification wars!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Logic works it out without need of a FAQ.

You use your power at the start of the assault phase right?

So you use your power. Then when the ork finally gets to his low iniative hw whacks you with it. However he only lowers your armour save when he hits you. Therefore since the start of the assault phase comes before the orks attack your save turns invulnerable first. Now that its invulnerable he can't touch it.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink
    Logic works it out without need of a FAQ.

You use your power at the start of the assault phase right?

So you use your power. Then when the ork finally gets to his low iniative hw whacks you with it. However he only lowers your armour save when he hits you. Therefore since the start of the assault phase comes before the orks attack your save turns invulnerable first. Now that its invulnerable he can't touch it.
    What is depressing to me is that is pretty much what I meant to say. For some reason my mind thought that repeating what Flashlight said and throwing in excuses equals what LordLink so easily described! I apologize for not being clearer. Will so work on that! :yes:
    So there I was...

Buying things after alcohol consumption is a very interesting way to get into the hobby!

+ Reply to Thread