Some Nid Rules Question. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Nid Rules Question.

These 2 rulings came into question in the last game I played. I decided (for a change) to field a flying HT with dual venom cannons. From what i know about Dakkafex's I should get 6 shots counting as being twin linked. My opponent seem to think otherwise. Can someone clarify if I get 3 or 6 shots with dual VC's.

Moving with the HT, it says that they are classed as Jump Infranty. When i first played with a winged HT I could move 12" and assault 12", this may be so as it was the old codex then. I then re-read the rules and it said i could move 12" and assault 6", and now my friend has read it and it says that i can move 6" and assault 12". Which one is correct please.

Thanks,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by WailingDoom
    These 2 rulings came into question in the last game I played. I decided (for a change) to field a flying HT with dual venom cannons. From what i know about Dakkafex's I should get 6 shots counting as being twin linked. My opponent seem to think otherwise. Can someone clarify if I get 3 or 6 shots with dual VC's.

Moving with the HT, it says that they are classed as Jump Infranty. When i first played with a winged HT I could move 12" and assault 12", this may be so as it was the old codex then. I then re-read the rules and it said i could move 12" and assault 6", and now my friend has read it and it says that i can move 6" and assault 12". Which one is correct please.

Thanks,
    First Question:
    You get 3 Twinlinked VC Shots
    On the carnifex you will find that the entry in the codex says twin linked Devourers and gives the points cost. If you take 2 twin linked devourers Devourers thats essentially the same as taking 4 devourers. The Venom cannons however are not twin linked so therefore taking 2 gives you 2. In the codex it states that where you have 2 of the same weapon it counts as being twinlinked therefore if you take 2 VC you have 1 Twinlinked VC which is very costly and not worth it take a barbed strangler.

Second Question:
    Move 12" Assault 6"
    In the Biomorphs section as you read correctly wings gives you a 12" move. However you do not gain beast status and can't take leaping therefore you may never gain a 12" charge. Where the confusion may arise is that cavalry/bikers move 6" (generally get a fleet roll) and can charge 12". Jump infantry Move 12" but assault 6" the fluff states they prefer to do the final assault on foot. Remember Jump Infantry must take a Dangerous terrain test for landing in any terrain.

Carni
    If you like the post click the *STAR* <===

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Canifexus pretty much hit the nail on the head. When using a twinlinked weapon on nids it still counts as 2 weapons, even though it is twinlinked, the only exception being the weapons that are already twinlinked ie spinefists, devourers on fex and tyrant, and the deathspitter on fex.

As stated, the tyrant moves as jump infantry. 12" move 6" assault. Beasts and leaping creatures are the only ones with a 12" charge in the nid army.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

+ Reply to Thread