Cross-fire rule? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Cross-fire rule?

I've been playing 40k since 3rd edition until now.. and I just NOW found out that the crossfire rule got taken out of the 4th edition rule book... :ninja: or is it? can someone please confirm it for me :rolleyes:

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

Well im a 4th ed player so i would know and for the life of my ive NEVER EVER heard of this rule. So therefor i think its save to say its out.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

I was never too familiar with 3rd, so I’m going to go out on a limb here, and guess that ‘crossfire’ was when a unit falls back into an enemy unit and is destroyed. If that’s the one you mean, then it has been covered in the ‘trapped’ rule (BGB: p4.

If that’s not what cross fire was for, can you give a quick summary of the rule, without providing any explicit details, or copying from the book, and us that are familiar with 4th will try our best to help out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andusciassus
    there is a difference in a well educated kick and an amateur one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Oh so I see, it is on p.48 Trapped rule.. Some one told me the rule was taken out since 4th edition and I was fairly sure I saw the rule in the book somewhere.. I just couldnt recall where it was found. Thanks!

One more question, the wording found in the box makes me a bit confused. Can anyone explain what it means by "If a unit cannot perform a full Fall Back move in any direction, without doubling back, it is destroyed"? What's 'without doubling back' means? I am assuming that you may, under any circumstances move your unit AROUND enemy unit should it be directly on your fall back path.. but it is destroyed if it cannot perform at least more than half of the distance rolled on your dice (distance from starting point to stopping point in compare to the table edge/corner)?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

I think doubling back just means that if you have to fall back 8", you can't fall back 5" towards your edge and then move away from your edge 3 more inches just to eat up space.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

So can anyone really explain the 'Trapped' rule? How is it affecting your game if your unit fall back THROUGH an enemy unit? Do you go around or does it get destroyed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

To me its always been you go around but if you cannont even go aroud then you are destroyed.
    I think we should get a rules genius on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

I always thought of doubling back like this:

all models have to fall back in a lane from their outer most models. If they can't flee without leaving this lane or going back onto ground they have already covered they are trapped.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

So basically, any falling back unit that cannot take the shortest possible way to the nearest table edge without having to go 'back and around' an enemy unit or impassible terrain count as destroyed?

Example

The picture shown above with the enemy unit fanned out in a semi circle around the falling back unit with 2" apart cohorency. The unit that's falling back cannot go straight through to the nearest table edge so it has to go backwards and around as it falls back. What happens next?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

They'd go around the enemy unit in their fall back move. If you took your picture and added another enemy unit above them, then they would be destroyed... What the double-back part is talking about is as magnet man said.. you couldn't claim 'I fall back 2" up, then 2" back, then 2" up, and 2" back to use all my fall back move distance'. For an image example, look at the top right picture on pg 49 in the BGB.

Also, only in Fantasy do you fall back towards the nearest board edge... in 40k, you fall back towards your nearest deployment zone board edge.

+ Reply to Thread