The mark of chaos for HQ in Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x3)

The mark of chaos for HQ in Black Legion

Could someone please help me out with this.

There's seems to be some Chaos Black legion armylist in this forum, where the only HQ-unit has the mark of nurgle. (obvious to get the manreaper).

My gaming group has always interpreted the rules for Black legion so that the leader of the army has to have the mark of chaos undivided.

In the chaos codex on page 44 its stated that "Thus units of Black legion Berzekers bearing the mark of Khorne will march side by side.....under the command of a Black Legion lord with the mark of chaos undivided ."

We have seen armies with a lord with the mark of chaos undivided and also a lieutenant with the mark of nrugle, but never only one HQ-unit with another mark than chaos undivided.

Anyone ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x2)

As far as I know, you can give your HQ any mark (although just one mark). A compulsory mark is only needed if you, for example use a Death guard army, then you must to take a mark of Nurgle on your HQ.

For instance, although i'm not sure if I can post this rule, giving your Troops (from the Troops slots in your FOC) a mark (of one of the 4 gods; nurgle, slaanesh, tzeentch or khorne), makes them Elite.

But your HQ doesn't have any mark in the beginning. You can choose to give him undivided. But you can give him the Mark of Khorne while playing undivided.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfus View Post
    In the chaos codex on page 44 its stated that "Thus units of Black legion Berzekers bearing the mark of Khorne will march side by side.....under the command of a Black Legion lord with the mark of chaos undivided ."
    That's not a rule, that's fluff. When making an army, unless the rules portion say you have to do something, you don't have to do it.

Imagine all the background stuff isn't there.

Black legion just choose units from the army list as normal.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyfus View Post
    You should really read the sentence preceeding that one. It states, and I quote (literally!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Codex, page 44
    They are always free to use any options in the list.
    Note that giving your Lord a Mark other than Undivided is still an option, and perfectly legal for Black Legion armies.

Another thing to point out, just in case your gaming group doesn't buy that, is the rules on page 38. Specifically, I'm talking about the 'Ancient Enemies' rules. If the only armies that could have their General take a Mark of a Chaos God were the four Cult armies, then that particular rule would be pretty pointless, no?

+ Reply to Thread