Destroyed weapons on dreadnoughts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Destroyed weapons on dreadnoughts

Most of the time a dreadnought has three weapons. A main one, a DCCW, and a weapon mounted to the DCCW. If the roll is weapon destroyed you can pick which ever weapon. This being said if you pick the DCCW you would be removing 2 weapons the DCCW and the one attached to it. Is the weapon that is attached to the DCCW counted as part or is it seperet from the DCCW?

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Hmm, interesting. I thought it was legit to target the DCCW to take out both, but you have a point. I dug around in the book and the Armament Destroyed entry on page 67 of the BGB says just a weapon of S4 or greater is chosen by the attacker.

On one side I see selecting the DCCW because it fits the criteria of being a valid target, but on the other hand it says "one weapon", not multiple.

This will be an interesting debate!
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    58 (x1)

I am pretty sure I read an updated FAQ (could be SM, CSM, the new 40K one) that said the "two weapons" on a CCW count as one for removal purposes. I.E., you take a hit then you loose the CCW AND the flamer (or whatever).
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Well it says weapon destroyed, but on a dreadnought that does not mean the DCCW is blown completely off; the powerfield that doubled its respective strength and made it so deadly could merely be damaged and incapable of working.

Remember that when you uprgade the arm to a missile launcher it reverts back tot he lower strength because the DCCW is no longer there with the powerfield to increase the strength. Losing that field with the arm doesn't mean you have to give your opponent an advantage by removing an extra weapon...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Without seeing a FAQ, as mentioned, I'd go with the rules as written. If he choses to destroy your dreadnaught close combat weapon that's not the same as destroying your entire arm. He blows up the servos that power the claw, or the power field or whatever makes the DCCW dangerous. The flamer (or whatever) continues to function.

It's true that most people remove the arm on the model for a weapon destroyed result but that's just for convenience so you don't accidentally forget and fire the weapon next turn. In CC the arm with the destroyed weapon still gets it's attack.
    Last edited by medic_4077; October 16th, 2006 at 18:32.
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by medic_4077 View Post
    Without seeing a FAQ, as mentioned, I'd go with the rules as written. If he choses to destroy your dreadnaught close combat weapon that's not the same as destroying your entire arm. He blows up the servos that power the claw, or the power field or whatever makes the DCCW dangerous. The flamer (or whatever) continues to function.

It's true that most people remove the arm on the model for a weapon destroyed result but that's just for convenience so you don't accidentally forget and fire the weapon next turn. In CC the arm with the destroyed weapon still gets it's attack.
    That's a very good point. Just because the arm is destroyed doesn't mean that the shooty weapon is destroyed with it.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Yep, that's how we play it, just because the big fist is mangled, doesn't mean that the stormbolter or flamer underneath can't keep working...
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going the other way around, can you say that the strom bolter/flamer is destroyed without damaging the DCCW?
    The Ten Dimensions

"I read about something like this in a book." "Are you sure it was a book? Are you sure it wasn't nothing?" "...Oh yeah."-Peter and Brian Griffin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

Yes, I would say that it works that way too.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Not that you'd want to do that, but it is possible.

I avoided all these problems by mounting my SB on the 'Torso' of the Dread, plus I like how it looks!

Mike

+ Reply to Thread