Tyranid Rule Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My understanding is that Hive Nod gives LD 10, and is does not make it a sny. creature for the squad. However once a group of 'nids gets outside sny. range they have to roll for that chart. What is the point of having LD10 ? is it just for CC purposes or what?

I don't play Tyranids btw, but my friend ( who I regularly play against ) does.

Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

As long as they're in synapse range, they don't need the Ld10 in close combat either.

Hive nodes are useful for exactly these outside-of-synapse tests. With a hive node, you can use that Ld10, without it you have to use the normal Ld5 of gaunt hordes, which is quite likely to fail.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Originally posted by 311@Jan 24 2004, 21:48
    However once a group of 'nids gets outside sny. range they have to roll for that chart. What is the point of having LD10 ?
    Only after a Tyranid creature fails a morale check when outside Synapse do You roll for Instinctive Behaviour. That's why You rather want the Hive Nodes for Gaunts, instead of leaving them to rely on their inferior LD.

So: They do not automatically roll for Instinctive Behaviour, they must fail a morale check first.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah thks..my friend was just rolling for instinctive behavior right away, thats why I couldn't figure out the point of hive-nod..thks again.
    Current Armies-
    Slaanesh (CSM)
    Daemonhunters
    Empire
    High Elves (BloodBowl)

Warseer Blood Bowl League

Closed Thread