Shadows in the warp, a new power? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadows in the warp, a new power?

I read somewhere about this power for a librarian, and it seems to be similar to phychic scream of the tyranids. Is this a Chapter approved power ? and if so, where in what issue can i find the info. i saw it in the software of armybuilder.

As i recall correctly, an item pubished in the white dwarf magazine is official and may be used?
    Can someone confirm that please?

the info i have atm is the following:
    Potential copyright info deleted

Is this power active only one turn or once it is cast. or always active, i dunno.
    and what about the eldars way of psychic tests, Potential copyright info deleted. which rle comes first tehn, or is it so then that the eldar has to throw 4 dice, discarding the highest and the lowest?

Please be careful posting direct quotes from the rules or specific wargear rules.

Last edited by Lordofchange; October 26th, 2006 at 11:18.
    MvG, vindicator.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member I am the Monkey King's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its called Shadow in the Warp, and its a Tyranid power. However you do have the actual rule mostly right, it affects all psychic tests

-You might want to edit it so as not to be infringing Intellectual Property (fear the law ninja!).
    Revenge is a dish best served with mayonnaise and those little cheesy things on sticks.

+++ Osric the Loopy, planetary governor of Corania (appointed 756.M41, removed from office by the Officio Assassinorum 764.M41) +++

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

As monkey king stated, it's a tyranid power. If that is in effect and a farseer or whatever has runes of witnessing, I would be inclined to say they cancel out instead of rolling 4 and dropping the lowest & highest...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Shadow of the warp is a tyranid power from the codex, not chapter approved. Like all tyranid powers, it is always on and can't be canceled because it doesn't require a psychic test. It will only have a chance of affection powers that do have a psychic test since it modifies the dice roll.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for the copyright data, my mistake.

And about the power, it is in that armybuilder software listed under the power that a librarian can take, unless it's a mistake on behalve of the creator. so i was wondering if it was a mistake or an chapter approved one;

so it seems to be a mistake, to bad, would have been cool against an eldar player. Man, i hate mind war.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shadow in the Warp v. Runes of Witnessing

According to the AdeptiCon FAQ (which our gaming group has come to accept), Runes of Witnessing and Shadow in the Warp cancel each other out so, you would role as normal.

That's how I would play it....

To my knowledge, there is no rule that I've ever heard of that states that anyone other than Nids can use Shadow in the Warp.
    Last edited by Kurros; October 26th, 2006 at 17:56.
    4,000 + Points of Tyranids
    1,800 + Points of Imperial Guard
    1,600 + Points of Eldar
    ?,??? + Points of Witch Hunters (Just Started)

"There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness.""
    - Dave Barry

<-- If you thought this post was helpful, please click the yellow star.

+ Reply to Thread