Callidus vs. Infiltrators - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Callidus vs. Infiltrators

This came up in a game today...

Can a Callidus's Word in Your Ear ability be used on units that infiltrate ahead of the player's deployment zone? Lets say a standard cleanse mission with quarters deployment... everyone sets up their armies and then one side infiltrates a unit into a different quarter (more than 6" away from their own).

Can the Callidus move that infiltrated unit? The new position must be in the "normal deployment zone"... but is that for the player or the unit? The player's deployment zone is his corner, but the unit's was anywhere >18" away from the enemy (lets assume for simplicity's sake they couldn't get out of sight).

I would think the unit could not be moved, but would like some other opinions or rules/faq references if possible.

Thanks,

moob

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

By "deployment zone" I assume that it is, to all intents, meant to be the original starting zone of the opposing player. That means that you cannot move infiltrators unless they are in the original starting zone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You would only be able to move infiltrators if their new position could be in their own deployment zone. So as long as at least one model is more than 6" away from their own deployment zone, you could not elect to move them.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

That's what I figured... that he could move them if the 6" took them back into the deployment zone, but otherwise could not. Appreciate the sanity check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I don't have the book in front of me, but I'm gonna say by deployment zone they mean the area that the particular unit deploys in. so if it's a normal unit, that means the players Deployment Zone. However, if it's an infiltrating unit that means anywhere on the board that is 18" away from an enemy unit. So as long as you place him in his 'normal deployment zone' meaning the unit is not moved closer then 18" to your own guys, that you can move them with Word in your Ear.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    188 (x4)

By the letter of the rules I'd say that you cannot move infiltrators that are more than 6" out of his deployment zone.

However by the spirit of the rules I would say that you can move any unit as long as it is still somewhere it could have been legally deployed.

If I were playing you I'd have no problem letting you move my infiltrators, but I know a few players that might call you on that one.
    The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. Bring them understanding of the power of ourselves through our strength and their fear. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all fragments will be smashed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be consumed

+ Reply to Thread