Can a Jetbike Autarch use Fleet? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Can a Jetbike Autarch use Fleet?

So can the Autarch, mounted on a jetbike, still fleet? Common sense seems to get smacked in the face on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

I can't imagine that they can fleet. P40 of the codex says to refer to the BGB for details of the movement of jetbikes.
    This page (54 in mine) outlines exactly what a jetbike can do, and as Fleet is not on there, I'd say that you can't. The only difference for the Eldar is the 6" extra move in the assault phase if you wish.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Nothing stops you, technically. Even on a bike, the autarch's rules still include fleet of foot - using a bike does not prohibit the use of this special rule.

It's dumb, but it's legal.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you think about it, its fleet of foot, not fleet of hover-pad thingy.

Sure, the rules don't say you can't, but they also don't say you can.
    :shifty:
    I play my 40k with friendly fire.
    Finally fixed the link!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    Well, if you think about it, its fleet of foot, not fleet of hover-pad thingy.
    Actually, the rule is properly named Fleet. Not Fleet of X, just Fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    Sure, the rules don't say you can't, but they also don't say you can.
    Sure they do. The rules say an Autarch can use the Fleet rule. An Autarch on a Jetbike is still an Autarch. Sounds to me like the rules are saying he can make use of the Fleet rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    Sure they do. The rules say an Autarch can use the Fleet rule. An Autarch on a Jetbike is still an Autarch. Sounds to me like the rules are saying he can make use of the Fleet rule.
    On first though I would think he cannot use it. As the Jet bike rules don;t allow it.

But the more I think about it, you are probably right. The two rules do not contradict each other. So the Autarch CAN use Fleet while on an Eldar Jetbike.
    Shut up and play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

No he can't. It's just that the rules say he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari View Post
    No he can't. It's just that the rules say he can.
    I'm really not trying to put you down, or sound like an ass (ok, maybe I'm trying to sound like an ass a little) but that has to be the single most unintelligent thing I have seen posted on these boards.

And in response to the question, I don't have the Eldar Codex, but it seems to me that if the Eldar Codex says to see the BGB in regards to the way jetbikes move, then you have to follow all the movement rules for the Jetbike. If the Auroch had it's own jetbike movement rules, it would not say 'See BGB'. And while fleet is a special rule, it's a special MOVEMENT rule. So you either use the Aurochs move, and can fleet, or you use the jetbikes move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    I'm really not trying to put you down, or sound like an ass (ok, maybe I'm trying to sound like an ass a little) but that has to be the single most unintelligent thing I have seen posted on these boards.
    That's just his style. While it's not properly explained, Onlainari has a point. He's trying to say that while the rules lead one to believe that you can do it, the intent was always that you could not. It's just a mistake on part of the Codex writers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Do Guardians on Jetbikes specifically state that they cannot use the Fleet rule?

My opinion on this subject is that common sense should override RAW. If your going to get into it like that, then it should also be legal to Fleet in your opponents shooting phase. The rules technically allow it, but your opponents gonna hate your guts if you try it. Is that worth it?
    Nights Justice Space Marines
    Eldar Eth Kariel Craftworld
    Spear of Kurnous - High Elf Expeditionary Army

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast