Force organization rule - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Force organization rule

Hi. I'm new to 40k and think I have decided on playing the Tau. My first goal has been to make an army list so that I know what models I need to buy.

My problem began when I started looking online for some ideas. From what I understand nearly all of Tau lists I've seen break the rule. The "Mech" army seems popular and it usually consists of a lot of Elite units. How can this be?

From reading the Tau codex it seems we have 4 choices:

1 HQ, 2 Troops
    1 HQ, 6 Troops, 3 Elites
    1 HQ, 2 Troops, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support
    2 HQ, 6 Troops, 3 Elites, 3 Fast Attack, 3 Heavy Support

This would imply you can never have more than 3 elites/fast attack/heavy support. And you can't have any elites unless you take 6 troops. Please clarify this for me. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements

New York
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

43 (x2)

FoC is the same for all armies as far as I know.

But there are 2 different classes. Required, and optional.

Required is the 3 boxes in a different color, any army (unless your playing some special missions like 400 point games) require 1 HQ choice and 2 troop choices. You force must always contain this as a minimum.

Optional is everything else. 1 HQ (for a total of 2) 4 troop (for a total of 6) and 3 EACH of Fast Attack, Elite and Heavy Support.

So you army can contain any number of units you want, as long as you have no more then 2 HQ, 6 troop, 3 each of FA, Elite, and HS. and it MUST have at least 1 HQ and 2 troop.

Lincolnshire, England
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

238 (x6)

Okay, you must have one HQ and 2 troops in any army.

If you wish you may have up to a total of 2 HQ, 6 Troops , 3 elites, 3 fast attack and 3 heavy support. So basically once you have an HQ and 2 troops, you can choose what you want as long as you don't go over those limits.

Edit: Darn! Beaten to it again!
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

+ Reply to Thread