Eldar related rules questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Eldar related rules questions

Greetings,

I have really been enjoying the new eldar codex. And I have much love for the changes they have made. My opponents never know what I am going to bring. Tried out a ghost army, with only 4 living models. (2 farseers and 2 spiritseers), and almost won. stupid wolf scouts...

Anyway, I have a couple questions for you:

1: Fearless models do not fall back, correct? So if a unit is falling back, and comes within range of the Avatar's "fearless bubble" Do they automatically regroup? Or do they just say "Bugger off." And keep high-tailing it out of dodge? What if you don't meet the criteria for regrouping (under half, enemy within 6" etc)? I suppose the same question can be asked in regards to the chaos Dirge casters (I think that is the item). Normally Everything I know of starts as fearless, not becomes fearless. (If that makes any sense)

2: A shadowseer makes a squad of harlequins very difficult to see. If they are joined by another independent character, do they still retain this ability? If so, I think I might start bringing my autarch along for the ride.

3: In night fight scenarios, you need to roll to find out if you can see a target. If you cannot see them, you cannot fire at them, essentially losing LoS. However, when dealing with indirect weapons the effects of night-fight are pretty clearly laid out. But, what about psychic powers that do not require line of sight? Can my farseer doom a squad he can't see (But will be charged by a squad of banshees very quickly.)

4: When dealing with wraithsight, I only measure at the start of the turn, not when I move my wraith units, correct? So if my warlock/farseer/spiritseer is within the required range at the beginning, and then moves off to do their business, when I move my wraithlord, I don't have to measure to their 'new' range. Am I right?

I think that is it for now. I really appreciate your time.

Respectfully,
    Forsaken

* "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken2544 View Post
    1: Fearless models do not fall back, correct? So if a unit is falling back, and comes within range of the Avatar's "fearless bubble" Do they automatically regroup? Or do they just say "Bugger off." And keep high-tailing it out of dodge? What if you don't meet the criteria for regrouping (under half, enemy within 6" etc)? I suppose the same question can be asked in regards to the chaos Dirge casters (I think that is the item). Normally Everything I know of starts as fearless, not becomes fearless. (If that makes any sense)
    The unit would automatically stop falling back, but would not regroup on it's own. Fearless allows you to autopass Morale Checks, but regrouping is a Leadership test, so Fearless won't help it. The unit will just sit around until the 'Fearless Bubble' left it, at which point it would resume falling back as normal.

Obviously if the squad met the criteria for regrouping, they could still attempt to do so while in the range of the Avatar. If the unit had lost too many models, or enemies were too close, then the unit would never regroup and never fall back until the Fearless effect left it.

2: A shadowseer makes a squad of harlequins very difficult to see. If they are joined by another independent character, do they still retain this ability? If so, I think I might start bringing my autarch along for the ride.
    Yes, they will keep the ability. However, the unit will lose their Hit and Run rule - keep that in mind.

3: In night fight scenarios, you need to roll to find out if you can see a target. If you cannot see them, you cannot fire at them, essentially losing LoS. However, when dealing with indirect weapons the effects of night-fight are pretty clearly laid out. But, what about psychic powers that do not require line of sight? Can my farseer doom a squad he can't see (But will be charged by a squad of banshees very quickly.)
    Yes. Since the powers don't require Line of Sight, they don't test for Night Fight. Just measure as normal.

4: When dealing with wraithsight, I only measure at the start of the turn, not when I move my wraith units, correct? So if my warlock/farseer/spiritseer is within the required range at the beginning, and then moves off to do their business, when I move my wraithlord, I don't have to measure to their 'new' range. Am I right?
    Right. The Eldar Codex makes mention that you test for Wraithsight at the beginning of the turn, before any moves are made.

+ Reply to Thread