Forge world legality? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forge world legality?

Just a quick question,

are forge world vehicles 'official' in the game? does it vary from model to model?

I ask specifically because i like griffon mortars. poor griffon...

likewise those tau piranha x52 or whatever it was, so much better than standard ones. are these things tourny legal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

The IA books say they are legal for "friendly" play. As for tournaments, that will be down to the organisers - and they rarely allow them.

And griffons can be horrendously sick and wrong ("Your Khorne berzerkers are running away" :w00t.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Forgeworld requires opponent's consent to use in regular games, and most tournaments don't allow forgeworld because they can be pretty unbalanced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Yeah, Forge World can give an unfair advantage; to the person not using them.

Honestly, if you aren't using flyers of super-heavies, the forge world vehicles are ridiculously expensive both in points cost and actual money you are handing over.

Everywhere I have ever played allows forgeworld, (With the exception of super heavies and flyers) and it has never been a problem.
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about the drop pods since forge is the only place u can get them, so the ones with weird weapons are no good but the regular ones are ok?

and what do you use for drop pods in a tournament if u dont own one anyway?
    In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    59 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by bluealien 47 View Post
    what about the drop pods since forge is the only place u can get them, so the ones with weird weapons are no good but the regular ones are ok?

Drop pods on the cheap here: [Miniature Scenery Australia]
    * "I'm Significant!" -screamed the dust speck
    * "Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by bluealien 47 View Post

Well, Forge World makes 2 distinct types of stuff:

Things that are totally out there, not part of the main game's rules at all. This is Super Heavies, Flyers, and stuff like Age's Griffons and TX-42 Pirahnas. Also, the armed Drop Pods. These need approval since they're not included in the normal rules.

Then there's stuff like Drop Pods, Venerable Dreadnoughts, and detail packs. These are simply either improved versions of regular GW models, or things included in the official rules that GW doesn't make normal models for. Totally allowed, since they're part of the standard rules, just not released as kits from GW.

As for using Drop Pods, either buy one or make something of your own to represent one. You've got to have some sort of suitable model to represent a pod if you're gonna use a pod. So no models, no pods.
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    Forgeworld requires opponent's consent to use in regular games
    Errr. No. IA vol 1, pg 7 says "The answer is yes, feel free..."

(With the exception of super heavies and web-based test stuff, which you should warn your opponent about)

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Errr. No. IA vol 1, pg 7 says "The answer is yes, feel free..."

(With the exception of super heavies and web-based test stuff, which you should warn your opponent about)
    Okay - I may have been mistaken in my required permission. However, most of the people around here use their all-comer tournament list every game to get more practice with it, so they prefer to not go up against things that aren't tournament legal. And all the local tournaments here don't allow forgeworld (other than the upgrade bits and such mentioned earlier, but that's not what the original poster was asking, I believe). So the IA book may say you can without permission, but you *should* ask anyway. Especially since most people don't know the rules for the majority of the forgeworld items.

As for the drop pod stuff, since there is no official GW model yet (I believe they are making one that will be coming out shortly after the D.A. codex??), anything that is of the appropriate size&shape is legal. At the Chicago GT last year, there were a variety of things people used... from the FW representations to PVC pipe-ends. The best one I saw though was for a scottish-themed marine force that used miniature beer kegs as their drop pods. :p

+ Reply to Thread