chaos wargear questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

chaos wargear questions

a couple of questions:

* First off, when choosing wargear for my Chaos lord do gifts of the gods count towards the 100 point limit for demonic gifts?

*and secondly, if my lord has a bezerker glaive and demonic flight, will he still become "gripped with bloodfrenzy without rolling the dice"?

thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by billyjow View Post
    a couple of questions:

* First off, when choosing wargear for my Chaos lord do gifts of the gods count towards the 100 point limit for demonic gifts?

*and secondly, if my lord has a bezerker glaive and demonic flight, will he still become "gripped with bloodfrenzy without rolling the dice"?

thanks in advance.
    1) All gifts of the gods count as daemonic wargear

2) You cannot have both the Berserker Glaive and Daemonic Flight on the same character. You cannot combine the Glaive rules with any sort of modified movement.

Sorry for the bold, but this comes up alot, and it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could a DP have the Glaive and the demonic speed ability together. I can't find anything in the codex that would disallow that.

If there is an errata somewhere that says the glaive cannot be combined with movement modifiers could you tell me where i could find it please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by billyjow View Post
    Could a DP have the Glaive and the demonic speed ability together. I can't find anything in the codex that would disallow that.
    As Adrian stated, you may not combine the Glaive with any movement modifier, of any kind.

This includes Daemonic Speed, Flight, a Bike, a Steed - nothing at all.

The reason you can't find it in your Codex is probably because you have an old printing. This rule was added in the Third Printing of the Chaos Codex, so older ones won't have it. Check the 40K Chaos Forums sticky thread "The Frequently Asked Questions about 40K Chaos" for more information.

You can find the 4.2 Chaos FAQ through the Index of Chaos Articles sticky thread.

+ Reply to Thread