Immoblized Skimmer - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Immoblized Skimmer

What happens if a unit manage to penetrate an immoblized skimmer that moved more than 6" last turn? Does it still count as penetrate? For example, if squad A successful in immoblizing a skimmer, do squad B ignores the skimmer-moving-fast rule when it fires?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Nothing

If a skimmer that moved more than 6" last turn gets immobilised it goes crash and boom i believe.

So technically squad B can go and shoot something else instead.
    Fear the awesome wrath of The ANZAC Clan!!!

Aussie Bogan: Beer Drinking, Steak Eating, Thong Wearing Maniac!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Eldar vehicle with Vector engine & Necron Monolith does not crash when they become immoblized.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but monoliths never move fast and yes it would stand to reason that a vector engine tank that is immobilized would bite the dust and be shot as though it had. reason i feel that way is that if u immobilized a vehicle in the shooting phaze you can assault it as an immobilised vehicle that round.

just an opinion on the second part i suppose
    In the name of god impure souls of the living dead shal be banished into eturnal damnation. Amen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Even if its immobilised it moved more than 6" last turn (i.e. 7") so all penetrating hits are downgraded to glancing hits.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Thanks, I had a feeling it would work out like you said.. I could only imagine the skimmer does a crash landing, skiing across the ground in such a speed that you could only glance it... :x :x :x Doesnt make much sense here..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

A lot of things don't make sense in 40k. If I see a rampaging warboss attached to a squad of gretchin why the hell wouldn't I just shoot the monster, why would I always gun down the gretchin.

You never try and apply real life to 40k. If you try to in this instance I just say squads don't shoot 1 at a time on a battlefield. Squad B would be shooting it before it came down.

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by LordLink View Post
    Even if its immobilised it moved more than 6" last turn (i.e. 7") so all penetrating hits are downgraded to glancing hits.
    IIRC, as I don't have the eldar codex onhand, it states that an eldar vehicle with vectored engines crash lands as if it moved <=6" instead of gets destroyed... which would lead to the interpretation that it would no longer get the SMF rule.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

Hm you know I do believe your right. Checking my eldar codex again moob has the correct answer. They don't benefit from it.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    IIRC, as I don't have the eldar codex onhand, it states that an eldar vehicle with vectored engines crash lands as if it moved <=6" instead of gets destroyed... which would lead to the interpretation that it would no longer get the SMF rule.
    Ah, but it DID move more than 6" last turn. That's what it all comes down to. Think of how much fire you throw at unit X-whether or not you kill them all. If you have 1 marine, why shoot 20 lasguns at him, when you should only need 12? Because what if you miss=) Same thing here.

As far as rules go, LL has it. The skimmer moved more than 6", so all incoming hits that turn are resolved as glancing. Further note, this includes CC hits as the skimmer that is now immobilized did in fact move more than 6" last turn (and I won't get into the always counts as more than 6" for cc, leave it in that thread please).
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast