Why does GW hate it's customers? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: What irks you about Games Workshop

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ever rising cost of the models

6 66.67%
  • No rules clarifications on simple matters

3 33.33%
  • No rules clarifications on complex matters

2 22.22%
  • Their blaise attitude towards their customers

4 44.44%
  • That they killed the Squats off

1 11.11%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does GW hate it's customers?

I went to Gamesday L.A. two years ago and am kicking myself for not asking the designers why Games Workshop hates it's customers and essentially does not support their games once released.

This is something that has been bugging me for the past 15 years.

I am not just talking about support for the ancillary games like Necromunda, Blood Bowl, etc., but their main sellers, Warhammer and Warhammer 40k.

I have spent thousands of dollars on GW products and countless hours gaming, but I have always felt that GW could really give a crap less if I ever played their game ever again. It has been, ever since third edition of 40k came on the scene, GW has cared less and less about customer retention and customer satisfaction.

The new Eldar Codex is a great example of how much GW cares about it's customers. No backgrounds, underlaid patterns, on the pages like the previous codexes and very, very, poor copies of the fantastic artwork from Mark Gibbons from 1994 with very little new artwork. Also no update for the Avatar model after almost 13 years, come on?! *Yes, I know about the Forge World model, but Forge World is not GW, and what I gathered from the FW guys, they are treated like red-headed step children by GW.

As for the new Eldar Codex, it is a perfect example of "Is it going to take GW years to post an official answer to a simple rules question. Take for instance Fuegan. His "feel no pain" conundrum won't be answered for a very, very, long time by GW.

Mostly all other companies in the world treat customer retention as their highest priority. The company that I work for just started an entire new division on new customer retention. GW does not and has never listened to it's customers wants or requests.

Post your Irk with Games Workshop and vote in the poll. :w00t:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

PAw
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one or two people are genuine people at my local GW's
    i started when all the core/troop boxs were $40 then like two months after it was $50.
    i have decided to not read the new eldar codex nor buy it. i hear they screwed up alot of the lists up bad. i mean Tau only NOW gets a new codex but Tau has had 2 faster then eldar have had a new version. and now from what i have heard.... NEW CHAOS CODICES! WTF!
    yeah GW doesnt care aslong as it gets its money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x8)

As will be pointed out shortly by mods, wrong forum. Please try and keep posts in the proper place.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play most of my games at a gaming club and when we dont like something GW has done we ignore it or come up with our own solution.

We don't like the current vehicle rules so I have come up with a set of new rules and have been tweaking them and after the break from meetings over the christmas holidays will submit them to the club for play testing.

As far as GW corperate not caring about custemsers I tend to agree but not to a huge extent. I do think they hate Ork players (like me) for taking so damn long to update a weak codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    As will be pointed out shortly by mods, wrong forum. Please try and keep posts in the proper place.
    Im'ma going to take this one step further.

I'm tired of the "GW sucks!" threads. Maybe I'm just cranky this morning, but I see absolutely no reason to have threads like these other than for people to whine, moan, and complain. They're useless, in my eyes.

Instead of whinging about it somewhere that Games Workshop is unlikely to ever take notice, why not do something about it? Write them a letter. Call up their Customer Service line. And if you still don't recieve satisfaction, your money speaks louder than anything on a webforum ever could.

Don't like it? Stop playing the game. Simple as that.

Closed Thread