Partial Hits from Ordnance & Barrage Weapons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    R0b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Partial Hits from Ordnance & Barrage Weapons

I've gone through my rule book and previous posts here, but haven't been able to find an answer . . . If you fire a blast weapon, any models partially under the template are hit on a 4+. If you fire a template weapon (i.e flamer) any models partially under the template are automatically hit. However, the rules don't specify how to treat models partially under an ordnance or barrage weapon template. I'd have said it should be treated like a blast weapon, as the weapons are more similar to ordnance than a flamer, but in my rule book (2004 Macragge edition) ordnance weapons are specifically excluded: "This section [blast weapons] covers blast weapons fired by non-ordnance weapons only."
    Can anyone clear this up for me? If I can't find a rule, I'll probably use the 4+ method (which is a shame, cause I'm thinking of fielding a Whirlwind).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

I can see how this is a bit confusing, it is poorly worded. The only portion of the Blast weapons paragraph that ordnance weapons don't follow is rolling to hit.

If you flip back a page as an example, it lists the battlecannon as "Ordnance 1, Large blast" - now, Large Blast is a sub-category of "Blast weapons" so it's a blast weapon that is fired using the ordnance rules for hitting. And the Large Blast paragraph specifically talks about ordnance weapons, too.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

R0b
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers - even though it wasn't the answer I was hoping for!

+ Reply to Thread