Assaulting out of a landraider - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assaulting out of a landraider

I did some searches and didn't find a post that talked about this specifically. So hopefully I'm not repeating something.

I noticed in the entry for the SM landraider, it calls the front door an "assault ramp". I was unable to find anything in the SM codex about that though. Can marines assault out of the landraider, even if it moved? If so, is it for both power armor and terminator marines?

Does this rule also apply to the chaos landraider?

Thanks

Age is a state of mind, and since I have no mind, I don't age.
    Check out my painting blog at http://gmansminipainting.blogspot.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I did some searches and didn't find a post that talked about this specifically. So hopefully I'm not repeating something.

I noticed in the entry for the SM landraider, it calls the front door an "assault ramp". I was unable to find anything in the SM codex about that though. Can marines assault out of the landraider, even if it moved? If so, is it for both power armor and terminator marines?

Does this rule also apply to the chaos landraider?

Thanks
    yes, you can assault out of an Assault Ramp. I'm not sure about the Chaos question...does it say it has an Assault Ramp?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK cool. I still need to check my chaos codex for their landraider rules.

Do you measure the assault distance starting from the front edge of the vehicle, or from the edge of the ramp?
    If chaos has this too, then I'm thinking having some Khorne termis charging out of a LR would be cool. At least for me.

Thanks for the reply

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

OK cool. I still need to check my chaos codex for their landraider rules.

Do you measure the assault distance starting from the front edge of the vehicle, or from the edge of the ramp?
    If chaos has this too, then I'm thinking having some Khorne termis charging out of a LR would be cool. At least for me.

Thanks for the reply
    always from the edge of the vehicle.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It's in the BGB under "assaulting from vehicles".

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

I'm still not sure on the chaos LR, but in the BGB on page 62 last paragraph it says a land raider (or any of it's variants) allows the occupants to assault out of the vehicle. Unless someone with more Chaos experience disagrees I say you can.

As for measuring distance, you have to deploy the models inside as if they were disembarking. This is done during the movement phase and follows all the rules for disembarking (can't be within 1" of an enemy, has to be 2" of a hatch, etc). Then during the assault phase you measure the assault distance and assault as normal (i.e. difficult terrain, apply grenade modifiers, etc). I've ran against a particularly nasty rules lawyer who screwed me over when I forgot to disembark during the movement phase. So don't forget to disembark during the movement phase. Oh and this allows the models inside to shoot after they've disembarked (if they can shoot after movement in the LR and assuming they can shoot and assault).
    Last edited by magnet_man; January 5th, 2007 at 19:34.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you have to disembark them first, then do the assault? You don't just move the vehicle and then in the assault phase just assault from within the vehicle?

Not that I'm complaining actually, because as you said, then you can shoot first, and then assault.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

So you have to disembark them first, then do the assault? You don't just move the vehicle and then in the assault phase just assault from within the vehicle?

Not that I'm complaining actually, because as you said, then you can shoot first, and then assault.
    Right, you're spot on. Disembark, then shoot/assault as normal... which is nice for us DH/GK players: 20 Storm Bolter shots followed by 20 NFW attacks, anyone?

Muhahahah,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by magnet_man View Post
    I'm still not sure on the chaos LR, but in the BGB on page 62 last paragraph it says a land raider (or any of it's variants) allows the occupants to assault out of the vehicle. Unless someone with more Chaos experience disagrees I say you can.
    A Chaos Land Raider is still a Land Raider. It's in the name O_o.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread