Ordnance & PoMS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ordnance & PoMS

Lvl9 Lavatory, Imperial Palace, Holy Terra, Segmentum Solar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ordnance & PoMS

My basic understanding is that all vehicles must roll a to hit, to fire its weapon, in this case BS4=3+ for the Vindicator's demo cannon to go off.

But, I keep hearing things about slapping Power of the Machine Spirit on Vindicators to enable them to continue shooting its demo cannon even when its shaken or stunned. That BS doesnt matter on ordnance weapons

Now what i dont understand is,
    1) do ordnance weapons fire off regardless of BS, eg they WILL fire every turn, just slap on the big pie plate and roll for scatter
    or
    2) when stunned/shaken, the vindicator's demo cannon can only shoot with the PoMS's BS2=5+ roll to hit??

what puzzles me is .... if answer 1) is true .. then leman russes' battle cannons wld be going off every turn w/o fail ..... but i still see IG players rolling to hit

and if answer 2) is correct, then a 5+ to hit on the vindicator's demo cannon isnt very helpful ... almost like ork shooting

i'm open to answers 3) and others ....

TYVM .. this is very confusing

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Ordnance weapons do not roll to hit, they work exactly as presented on pg 29, BGB. See also the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of "Blast Weapons" on pg 30 - it specifically says ordnance doesn't follow the normal blast weapon rules.

So PoMS allows you to fire a weapon, and the demolisher cannon can be fired as normal. The Machine Spirit's BS is just as irrelevant as the marine crew's BS when firing it.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Lvl9 Lavatory, Imperial Palace, Holy Terra, Segmentum Solar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank u very much for replying so fast

but in that case, how come i still see IG players rolling to hit with their battlecannons on leman russes on a 4+?

kinda scary to think that ordnance weapons will go off for sure .... only with scatter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Either they are playing wrong, or you are confusing the battle cannon with the hull mounted lascannon or heavy bolter?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

+ Reply to Thread