Multiple Armor Values AND Multiple Toughness? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

Multiple Armor Values AND Multiple Toughness?

I came across this question as I was making a retinue for my inquisitor.

When seing which toughness/armor value to use, you're supposed to go with the weakest. Let's say the unit is 7 strong. 4 of these guys have toughness 3, 3 have toughness 4. So the majority = toughness 3. But let's say the toughness 4 guys have an armor save of 4+, and the tough 3 guys have a 4+ save a 5+ save and 2 3+ saves.

Do i first go by toughness, then of the guys with toughness i go with majority or weakest armor save? or do i go by majority/weakes tough then by majority/weakest armor save of entire group?

the first means that your group has a toughness of 4 and armor saves of 3+, second means tough 4 and save of 4+.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

708 (x8)

I think the simplist explanation would be to say - "Wounds are allocated to models solely by majority armour - not toughness."

In your particular instance, incoming fire would wound your unit against the Toughness 3, since it's the Majority. Check for how many wounds the unit as a whole has suffered. Nothing more needs to be done at this point.

Then you go on to Mixed Armour rules, which dictate that since the 4+ is in the Majority, any wounds the unit suffered must be allocated to them first. Any model with a 4+ save can take the wounds, but all 4+ save models must be allocated wounds before the 3+ or the 5+ models may have a wound.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

And a quick search under my name for threads will show a great many in-depth threads about particulars regarding every conceivable variation to all this mixed armour/mixed toughness mumbo jumbo.

Short answer-caluin is right.
    Majority toughness is applied to incoming hits-all hits wound vs t3 in this case.
    Mixed armour-majority armour (4+) takes hits first. so if 5 hits, all T4 4+ take a hit, and the T3 4+ takes a hit-with any failed being removed anywhere in there. Next two hits would hit the 5+, and the next would hit the 3+. The eight hit could be applied to ANY MODEL the shooter chooses, as per torrent of fire, but this would mean that the 4+ would be getting another hit if it was applied to the 3+ or 5+ models (as models only get one wound, and they wrap back to majority after that)
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

+ Reply to Thread