Allied Armies. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Allied Armies.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Allied Armies.

Hi all,
    quick question, is it legal to take Kroot as an allied army?
    I know that it states that "There are two ways to use Kroot Mercenaries in your games of Warhammer 40K" and which armies can not take them, as written in their rules but is all this Chapter approved and above board or is it like the old Harlequin Rules, nice to look at but don't touch.
    In short this section of rules doesn't state what army "can" take them and if it is not written then you can't do it.
    The main army I play (Dark Eldar) has only a reference in the Codex to allies that pertains to the 3rd Edition rules and so far I can't see anything about allies in the 4th ed. rules at all. So I am guessing that it is Codex specific and since my Codex needs to be re- released and updated, I miss out on the mercenary Kroot.
    What do you all think?

In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can take them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Davesnothereman View Post
    You can take them.
    Wow! Based on what?
    Is it in chapter approved?
    I play Dark Eldar and there is no valid reference to allies there.
    Is it mentioned in the big rule book?
    As far as I can see every argument here in the rules forum is backed by a page reference that states the affirmative to allow an event or action.
    If it doesn't say specifically that you "can" then you "can't."
    I don't mean to sound harsh but your statement is based on ...........?
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure it "just is" valid seeing as it's a bona fide codex published on the GW site. It says "the Kroot Mercenary list allows you to field an army of these carnivorous sell-swords. It also includes rules for including a group of them them in your regular Warhammer 40,000 army" (my bold). It doesn't say you require opponent's permission to field them. By analogy with Tyranid special characters, I'd say it's clear you can use them: it's universally accepted that you can use the rules for Old One Eye and the Red Terror as they're published on the website, while the website says that in order to use the Death Leaper you must get opponent's permission, so that is what people do. And, isn't the Kroot list published on the website more recent than the DE Codex, and therefore overrules it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

You can most definitely use them as long as Kroot Mercs themselves allowed. If it is legal to field an army of pure Kroot Mercs wherever you're playing, then that means the Kroot Merc codex is legal, which states that you can field them as allies with your DE. The Kroot Merc 'dex gives a list of armies they may not be fielded with, and DE aren't one of them =).

Happy Space-Chickenning =D.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Hasten View Post
    You can most definitely use them as long as Kroot Mercs themselves allowed. If it is legal to field an army of pure Kroot Mercs wherever you're playing, then that means the Kroot Merc codex is legal, which states that you can field them as allies with your DE. The Kroot Merc 'dex gives a list of armies they may not be fielded with, and DE aren't one of them =).

Happy Space-Chickenning =D.

-H
    Hi,
    this a direct copy and paste from the GW website about Kroot Mercanaries.

"Is This List Official?
    This list was legal for the 2006 U.S. Grand Tournament, whether it or not it will be in the 2007 tournament season remains to be seen. If you wish to use this list in Rogue Trader or other Tournaments, we recommend you check with the tournament organizers first. Tournament legality aside, these are fun rules and we hope players enjoy using them in games."

Kind of legal only if approved by the organisers doesn't sound like a fully approved army to me, but then again its up to the people in charge I suppose!
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it is a legal army just that alot of people dont take them as allies and maybe 1 in a billion has a army of them.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this message into your signature to help him on his way to world Domination!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x2)

It will depend on the Aussie rules.

In the states, the 2007 GT rules and approved armies are up. If you were playing here, you could use your mercs so long as they followed the rules in the download-

http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rule...tmerc_list.pdf

However, just because they're in use here doesn't mean they necessarily will be anywhere else. As was pointed out to me in a different thread, IG Armored Company was approved again for use in U.S. tourneys, but were not legal as of last year in British tourneys.

Just depends on where you live.
    We all carry on,
    When our brothers in arms are gone.
    So raise your glass high
    For tomorrow we die,
    And return from the ashes you call.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Just for a comparison... you have to check with tourney organisers to see if special characters are allowed, too, and we're getting to the point where they are 100% a legal part of the codex.... so Kroot are similar to that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

434 (x8)

Well explained, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread