Master Crafted? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Master Crafted?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok noob ? but I still can't get my head around it:

Who can take master crafted and what weapons are allowed. I kinda figured you can't run around with a MC Flamer since it's a template weapon, but what about the others??
    I've read the core book, sm codex and wolves codex, but I still can't get a clear picture. Is it possible a simple grey hunter (although thier nay simple) can have a MC Bolter ??
    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The "master-crafted" upgrade is wargear, wargear is only available to characters. These may master-craft one of their weapons. I'm not sure, eventually there are restrictions if they can MC both ranged and close combat weapons, this will be literally mentioned in the rules though.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vet sar ect can take master crafted weapons but dont MC reroll weapons u can only re-roll once

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by ArchonAstaroth@May 18 2003, 01:42
    The "master-crafted" upgrade is wargear, wargear is only available to characters.
    Ok so they mean Indi Characters, like hero's and such, not just characters (sorry, but I come from a long line of D&D gaming, so characters to me are ANY characters ) So now it makes sense! :blink: Kewl, thanks

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

It's not only for independent characters, normal squad characters (e.g. veteran sergeants, exarches, aspiring champions...) can have it too.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

Basically, any model with access to the armoury can chose to mastercraft one of his/her/it's weapons. Unless specifically noted otherwise, any weapon can be mastercrafted, right now the only exceptions I can tihnk of are Daemon weapons and krak grenades/melta bombs and similar grenades, but these aren't really weapons anyway.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I&#39;m lookin at the rules, and I see the entries "Can choose weaps from the armoury", but then I look at the pictures of the models (Specifically the SW Codex) and there I see GH and BC with Wolf Tooth Necklaces, and Wolf Pelts, and Wolf Tail Talismans, I know they Include these with the Models (because I collect them). So is this just dramatic fluff, or is it functional wargear? :o In both of their entries there is no metion that they can take wargear and more than one model has the stuff so it&#39;s not like their a sarg or what not? I&#39;m soooo confused? :blink: Any ideas on that?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x4)

The look of the model doesn&#39;t matter concerning this. Of course, a model should display what a model is equipped with, but if you see an item on the default model then this doesn&#39;t automatically mean that the game-wise model which is supposed to be represented with the actual model can have that stuff. E.g. in codex chaos you can see a picture of a plaguemarine with a heavy bolter - but plaguemarines can&#39;t have heavy bolters in the game.

Eventually there is a squad upgrade option concerning grenades for that unit, you can equip certain units (and not only the single character model of that unit)with e.g. frag grenades and these are often displayed on the default model. If there is such an option, then it&#39;s literally mentioned in the unit&#39;s rules.

jwu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so basically it&#39;s visual fluff. Ok, I think I got it. Thanks&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back to mastercrafting, does anyone think it would be overkill to mastercraft the stormbolter, after all its a assult 2 weapon, and mastercrafting it would only let you reroll one missed shot per turn.

Thanks in advance.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast