Transport Capacity and Open Topped - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Transport Capacity and Open Topped

We had this discussion few days ago at the local store. whenever i play my 1500 pts speed freeks army, theres always one Wartrukk thats empty, and i use it as a diversionary tactic. now since its open topped, do i have to tell my opponent what i see in it. common sense wise, i agree, but then again, some rules dont make all that much sense. so, is there any thing in the Rules book that says i dont have to tell whats in my transports? or is it one of those ''house ruilings''.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Good question. I think RAW would say that you don't have to tell which one is empty even though it does violate real world logic. Regardless of it's type, it's a transport and no where does it say you MUST disclose what is in the transport till it disembarks.
    Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Personally, I think you should tell them or atleast make sure that you have it written down on a piece of paper what is in what. This simply insures that there is no cheating or that you can't be blamed for cheating even if you didn't. I think it is a common curtisy but I don't know of a rule for it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Slave to the flesh The_Outsider's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    251 (x8)

You don't need to tell your opponent whats in a transport if you don't wish to.

I am not aware of any rule thats states open topped changes this.

----

IMO thats the appeal of transport armies, your opponents has to play rhino (or in thise case, wartrukk) roulette to get your HQ or any other important unit.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

The BGB states (can't remember exact page, but somewhere near the end by the missions) "a note on secrecy", you don't have to tell people what's in a transport. You must, however, deploy things in order (heavy, troops, elite, hq, fast attack).

Be aware, though, many tournaments have house rules contradicting this. So be prepared to have to tell your opponent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    The BGB states (can't remember exact page, but somewhere near the end by the missions) "a note on secrecy.
    pg 84? It's in the top half of the page, the last paragraph before the box describing Mission 1
    War Record Since Sept 2005
    Old Codex 48-20-9 Dark Eldar
    New Codex 1-0-0 Dark Eldar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    385 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by moob View Post
    The BGB states (can't remember exact page, but somewhere near the end by the missions) "a note on secrecy", you don't have to tell people what's in a transport. You must, however, deploy things in order (heavy, troops, elite, hq, fast attack).

Be aware, though, many tournaments have house rules contradicting this. So be prepared to have to tell your opponent.
    That's right, Though be sure you know what's in what. if someone catches you doin the ol' switcharoo to make sure your "cool" squad didn't just get blown up/entangled then you will have a problem on your hands. I usually have multiples of each type of squad in transports, so for example, I at least say "this and this has greyhunters" and "this and this have bloodclaws" etc.
    W/D/L Eleventy trillion billion/NONE/ NONE - I am STILL rulezor!
    WINDMILLS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

+ Reply to Thread