Shield of faith vs nids powers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shield of faith vs nids powers

Ok, shield of faith rule reads as followssychic powers targeted against any unit or caracter with the Adepta sororitas special rule, or including them in it's area of effect, are nullified and will not work on a d6 roll of 5+ (roll once, even if multiple units are affected)

Now, nid's hive mind powers reads as such: Only those powers which require a psychic test to use may be cancelled by ennemy psykers or wargear.

Now, the "small" warp blast doesn't need a Psychic test. If it is directed at sisters, can it be cancelled? After all, it's not a psyker or a wargear item that that would cancel it (by opposition to a Psychic hood, for example).

Thanks!

Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

I'm not totally sure if I'm correct but because the regular Warp Blast of the Zoanthrope does not require a psychic test I would believe that to fall under the minor psychic powers. Which is the second paragraph on page 18 of the Witch Hunters Codex under the Shield of Faith and should answer your question.

If someone else knows better please correct me.
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

I would think that it wouldn't be able to be canceled because it specificly says the nid power can't be canceled. I'm not sure how shield of faith works though. I've never played sisters with a thorpe. This looks like another case of two opposing rules that don't seem to have a way to deal with each other.

PathofSkulls: If it specificly says only minor psychic powers, I beleive that only refers to those listed in the chaos codex as minor psychic powers or in the chapter approved that can be used for things like kroot shapers. I don't think there is a real definition for them so they are ussually only counted when it says specificly that they are minor psychic powers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x2)

Yep, Tyranids don't have any classification on their psychic powers.

And no, you can't nullify the small blast as it does not require a psychic test to use. Another good example is that a Psychic Hood cannot nullify the unfocussed warp blast.
    But I call to God, and the LORD saves me.
    Psalm 55:16

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

And no, you can't nullify the small blast as it does not require a psychic test to use. Another good example is that a Psychic Hood cannot nullify the unfocussed warp blast.
    &

I would think that it wouldn't be able to be canceled because it specificly says the nid power can't be canceled. I'm not sure how shield of faith works though. I've never played sisters with a thorpe. This looks like another case of two opposing rules that don't seem to have a way to deal with each other.

Except that the Shield of Faith is not an enemy psyker, nor is it a piece of Wargear, its innate power/ability that Sisters have, just like the the small warp blast is an innate psychic power. (its part of there faith)

Yeah, looking at my codex now, I see there is no definition between the powers but this is still something that could be weighted to either side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Under the definition for "Shield of Faith" it says "Psychic powers targeted against any unit or character....OR INCLUDING THEM IN ITS AREA OF EFFECT, are nullified on a d6 roll of 5+..." Psychic hood nullified things that are targeted, shield of faith nullifies everything targeted or not as long as it includes any Sister it doesn't work on a 5+ for Major powers, or not at all for minor psychic powers. And according to chapter approved "All psychic powers are considered Major unless taken from the special Minor Psychic Powers table, which neither the Tyranids nor the Eldar have access to." So in otherwards the Adeptus Soroitas get to nullify the Tyranid powers on a roll of 5+.

I hope that clarifies things.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Well then that definitely makes the sisters a wicked strong army, never really thought about there uses against 'Nids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Sorry to ring on the parade but CA no longer has any saying, it was made for 3rd edition not 4th.
    They didn't continue with it into 4th edition.
    The rulebook doesn't have this ruling and neither does the Tyranid codex, they aren't minor psychic powers, they are hiveminpowers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x6)

Sorry to ring on the parade but CA no longer has any saying, it was made for 3rd edition not 4th.
    They didn't continue with it into 4th edition.
    CA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

chapter approaved

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast