Vectored Engines = Immobilised or Move Next Turn? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -77 (x0)

Vectored Engines = Immobilised or Move Next Turn?

I have 2 scenarios that I would like you all to talk over. I came accross a discussion through a search here on LO that semi-answered the issue, but I want to be sure...

1st Scenario:

Skimmer gets hit on first turn and has not moved. Glance result was a 5 = immobilized. Skimmer in question has Vectored Engines. Does the skimmer remain immobilized the 'rest of the game' per the Main rulebook or can it move freely after 'that turn' per the Eldar codex?

2nd Scenario:

Skimmer moves more than 6". Glance result was a 5 = immobilized. Skimmer in question has Vectored Engines. Does the skimmer remain immobilized the 'rest of the game' per the main rulebook or can it move freely after 'that turn' per the Eldar codex?

---

The wording says 'that turn' in the Eldar codex and the 'rest of the game' in the main rulebook.

I want to know how you all interpret this wording. If I go by turns, the eldar tank can move in the next turn, because the immobilized result it is treated as if it did not move that turn by the Eldar codex. If I go by just the main rulebook, the eldar tank is immobilized for the rest of the game. If I combine wording from both books, I come up with it is immobilized the rest of the game whether it moved more than 6" or not on an immobilized hit.

I'm myself am guessing it as immobilized period-- it just does not get destroyed for moving more than 6". Is this correct? Or am I wrong and the Eldar vehicle with vectored engines gets to move in the next turn?

Anyways, I would like to hear what others on LO have to say...

Last edited by erommelus; March 19th, 2007 at 05:30.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Eh? Vectored engines only means that if you were travelling over 6", the skimmer isn't destroyed. In all other respects it counts as having been immobilised.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-77 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    Eh?

What is wrong, was the scenario confusing?

V/R,

Ero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by erommelus View Post
    What is wrong, was the scenario confusing?
    Actually, it was rather confusing. I had to read it three times before I fully comprehended what you were trying to say.

For instance, the 1st scenario you list has absolutely nothing to do with Vectored Engines. VE only counts when the skimmer will crash (and be destroyed) from the SMF rule.

But this is I think where you're getting hung up -
    If I go by turns, the eldar tank can move in the next turn, because the immobilized result it is treated as if it did not move that turn by the Eldar codex.
    Immobilized results are permanent. It doesn't matter if the skimmer counts as not moving or not - Immobilized is Immobilized forever (or until fixed by an outside force). A Predator that sits in the backfield firing three Lascannons per turn can still be Immobilized for the rest of the game. It doesn't just go away.

Hope that makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x2)

Basically, Vectored engines allows the skimmer to make a forced landing (ie not crash) whether it moved or not. The vehicle is immobilised and no longer counts as a skimmer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-77 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin View Post
    Actually, it was rather confusing. I had to read it three times before I fully comprehended what you were trying to say.

For instance, the 1st scenario you list has absolutely nothing to do with Vectored Engines. VE only counts when the skimmer will crash (and be destroyed) from the SMF rule.
    No, both scenarios were presented due to the wording of the Eldar codex and it not providing a reference to the MRB. I called up games workshop over this and a new faq will be coming out explaining this rule more clearly since codex's rules can and frequently do supercede main rule book rules.

But this is I think where you're getting hung up -

Immobilized results are permanent. It doesn't matter if the skimmer counts as not moving or not - Immobilized is Immobilized forever (or until fixed by an outside force). A Predator that sits in the backfield firing three Lascannons per turn can still be Immobilized for the rest of the game. It doesn't just go away.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes this makes sense and is my final interpretation as well. However, just reading the eldar codex alone (which depends on applicability to the MRB if at all), you have a different meaning altogether and that is exactly why GW is putting out a faq over this particular rule.

V/R,

Ero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-77 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Perturabo View Post
    Basically, Vectored engines allows the skimmer to make a forced landing (ie not crash) whether it moved or not. The vehicle is immobilised and no longer counts as a skimmer.
    My initial and final determination as well. GW verfified...

Ero

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ancemalmorn View Post
    Naruto Shippuuden
    Ban, ban ban ban ban, ban ban baaaaaaaan

BAN
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92 (x2)

All vectored engines do is make the eldar tank land if it is immobilised. Also on a glancing hit of 5 a weapon is distroyed, not immobilised. You need 6s to immobilise a tank on glancing hit. Unless of couse you are using a AP1 weapon.

jboweruk

Darn, old thread, no comment. Why can't you delet posts that are not wanted?
    Last edited by jboweruk; June 24th, 2011 at 08:04.

+ Reply to Thread