Sustained Assault. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am i correct in believing that what sustained assault allows you to do is say you have a mini with attack 3. You can keep rolling three dice until they all miss?

Is this right.

<span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;
    &quot;Errr do you mean run away?&quot;
    &quot;Thats the one&quot;</span>

&quot;Oh man, look at that.&quot;
    &quot;Where?&quot;
    &quot;Over there, by that river of boiling souls.&quot;
    &quot;Well I&#39;ll be damned... it&#39;s a Starbucks.&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>
    <a href='http://www.freewebs.com/gaeisia/index.htm' target='_blank'>GAESIA</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x7)

Haven&#39;t heard of sustained assault...

Closest thing I can recall is Sustained Attack, which has nothing to do with assault. Scenario Special Rules, rulebook page 137.
    "The meat things seek to destroy ourselves. They hunt us as we hunt them but they are weak and uncertain. The inferior flesh will be entirely destroyed, all biomatter consumed. Ourselves will fight to the last, all weak flesh must be devoured."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is an Eldar Exarch power. You are incorrect on how it works, though.

If he had three attacks initially, and all three hit, then he could make three more attacks. If two of the initial attacks hit, then he gets two more, etc.

Now, if one or more of the ADDITIONAL attacks hit (quote: "if an additional attack hits..") he can make ONE more attack, regardless of how many of the additional attacks hit. If that new attack hits, he gets to attack again, once. He can keep going until that additional attack misses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I GET IT, so everytime you hit with a dice you get another attack and keep going untill you miss. pretty sweet.
    <span style='color:red'>&quot;Right lads, lets make a tactical advance to the rear of our posistion&quot;

&quot;Where?&quot;

<a href='http://www.freewebs.com/ravensdark/' target='_blank'>THE SOUL REAVERS</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I&#39;m annoyed i keep coming back to this as i have had no end of arguments over this but i think i&#39;ve finnaly got it.

Say a character has four attacks to begin with and three hit you get to role three more dice to see if you hit again. Say two attacks hit out of the three you get just ONE extra attack. Then you get to roll again with the two dice and one hits so you get another attack. Then you have just one dice to get another hit and it fails so thats the end of sustained assault.

So it doesn&#39;t matter how many dice you get to throw for the sustained assault you only get ONE extra attack, its just that with more dice the better the chances you have of hitting.

I think that is right.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly. First, rolling a die is an attack. If you roll two dice that is two attacks.

For sustained assault the only time you get to roll more than ONE die is after the FIRST series of attacks, the ones you normally get for the assault. However many of those first attacks hit are the number of attacks you get to make on the second set of attacks. So if three attacks from the FIRST series hit, then you get that many for the SECOND set of attacks.

"For each (count all that hit) close combat attack he inflicts he may make an (one extra for each) extra attack"

From then on, no matter how many hit in the SECOND set of attacks, you roll only ONE more attack.

"If an (any one of them no matter how many) extra attack hits, then this allows him a (just one) further attack"

As long as that ONE attack hits, you get ONE more attack. That means roll only ONE die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahhhhh, cheers, i get it now. Thanks.

&quot;Where?&quot;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

so if you roll

Hit Hit Hit Miss

then you roll again

Hit Hit Miss

then you roll again

Hit Hit

then you roll again

Hit Miss

then you roll again

Hit

then you roll again

miss

so 9 hits for that round of combat right?

-GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nope

so if you roll

Hit Hit Hit Miss Three hits so you get three additional attacks, this only applies to the first round.
    "For each (count all that hit) close combat attack he inflicts he may make an (one extra for each) extra attack"

then you roll again

Hit Hit Miss If one or more hit, you only get ONE additional attack from now on

"If an (any one of them no matter how many) extra attack hits, then this allows him a (just one) further attack"

then you roll again

Hit Hit Only one additional attack

then you roll again

Hit Miss Only one additional attack

then you roll again

Hit Correct here. You only get one additional attack until you miss

then you roll again

miss Stop attacking here

so 9 hits for that round of combat right? No, only eight, the bold ones are legal hits.

The key to remember is the number of hits only matters on the FIRST round of combat. That allows you a number of attacks on the SECOND round equal to the number of hits from the first round. ONLY the first round counts the number of hits. From then on, you only get one additional attack if you hit the target. So round TWO doesn&#39;t matter how any times you hit, you only get ONE more attack. It stays that way until you miss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So,
    Hit Hit Hit Miss
    Hit Hit Miss
    Hit
    Miss

TOTAL: 6 hits?
    Henceforth no man shall set foot upon the world, and all around shall be set sentinals to ward away unwary spacecraft. We must accept that this place is lost to us forever, and is now the eternal habitation of abomination.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>another annoying thing i hate: 47,000 similies in one post. just thoght id throw that in there and see if anybody else hates it as much as i do.</div>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast