Thousand Sons and Spawns - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Commissar_Malevich's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand Sons and Spawns

Ok I have not to long ago gotten a fully painted and assembled Thousand Sons army. One of the great features I like is the daemon power Gift of Chaos.

Ok, Ok...the question is- If I turn a unit in a squad into a chaos spawn in the shooting phase by my lord (who is a sorceror) who also is attached to a chosen retune, then if that spawn makes it into CC with that squad it spawned from and not the Lord and retune, then do i count the retune and lord as being in CC and therefor unable to be shot at?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I believe you can only perform the mutation if an enemy model is in base-to-base contact, therefore you would be in close combat by that time. Chaos Spawn created this way automatically join squad with the sorcerer who created it (I believe it is stated in the codex), and will fight in the same combat phase from where it was created. Unless, you turned a model from your own unit into a Spawn, then it will also follow the rules given above by joining the sorcerer... therefore, if that spawn gets into combat with a squad then the entire squad which the sorcerer is with should be combat as well.

... ** I gotta go grab my codex
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Assaults can only be made during the Assault Phase. Gift of Chaos is used during the Shooting Phase. The spawn is always placed in coherency with the caster, even if it requires you to move the Spawn model.

So, if your unit is already in Close Combat, then the Spawn will join them.

If your unit is not in Close Combat, then the spawn will be moved to keep coherency with the caster as well as avoiding any enemy models within one inch.

+ Reply to Thread