Shield of Faith/Aegis vs Minor Psychic Power - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

Shield of Faith/Aegis vs Minor Psychic Power

I am in a debate with friends on how SoB's Shield of Faith or GK's Aegis would work against Minor Psychic Powers. My interpretation is that all minor powers would not work against them, which includes the all dreaded Slaanesh 'Siren'.

"Minor psychic powers have no effect on Adepta Sororitas units or characters at all, ..."
    "Minor psychic powers used by the enemy have no effect at all on Grey Knights."

Here it does not state anything about the power being targetted at one model nor does it say models must be under the area effect of the power, it just states that Minor Psychic Powers have no effect on SoB/GKs regardless, but it will still affect other units such as Inquisitors, Storm Troopers, etc., therefore all Minor Psychic Powers are nullified against SoB/GKs.

Am I right?

Anima Tactics - try it out!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x3)

Hey Nekochan!

I have to agree with you.
    Just to repeat....
    In Daemonhunters, it say any minor power used by the enemy doesn't affect Grey Knights. Note how it doesn't specify who or what is targetted, merely than the Grey Khights will be uneffected.
    I assume the Ordo Hereticus will be the same, but I haven't got the Codex with me to see exact wordings.

But I'm 100% sure that minor powers are absolutely useless against the two specific models groups/genres, excluding IST etc as you mentioned

Such is the benefit of being Pure in Faith

Hope things are a bit more fluid now

Good Luck Champ
    Last edited by jONESIE; April 20th, 2007 at 08:48. Reason: Typos, and underlining emphasis:)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaffar_Hasad
    You need more Mordians?
    They still exist?
    LO RULES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Yeeaaaaahhh~~~!!!
    I can smell a free dinner coming! My friend bet me a dinner that I was wrong on this!
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Indeed, only the models that get that rule. Mind you, in fourth edition there are no longer minor powers, so what is effected is slowly shrinking in number=)

But until C:chaos is remade, you certainly can trump his crappy siren.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, does this include minor psychic powers that do not directly affect/target GKs/SoB? For instance, Pink Fire of Tzeentch or Fuelled by Pain?

What about Weaver of Fates? Is it possible to cancel that effect with an all GKs/Sisters army?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoon Boy View Post
    So, does this include minor psychic powers that do not directly affect/target GKs/SoB? For instance, Pink Fire of Tzeentch or Fuelled by Pain?

What about Weaver of Fates? Is it possible to cancel that effect with an all GKs/Sisters army?
    I don't have the Chaos 'dex, so I can't check those effects, but I am a Daemonhunter player. If the powers you mentioned either target the GK's/Sisters, or include the GK's/Sisters in their area of effect (i.e. if they use a blast template, or target every unit within X" of the caster, or what have you), then they would not effect the GK's/Sisters. Note that this isn't the same thing as "canceling" a power, since any non-GK/Sister units would still be affected as normal. If, on the other hand, they in some way 'enhance' the Chaos unit (like Conceal and Veil of Tears does for Eldar units), then they aren't "targeting" the GK's/Sisters in any way, even though the power affects them.

=)

-H
    Last edited by Hasten; April 25th, 2007 at 17:38.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pink Fire of Tzeentch, Reckoning of Tzeentch and Fuelled by Pain are minor psychic powers (mpp for the rest of this post) that directly affect the psyker himself/his unit. I can see an arguement where, if these benefits are used against SoB/GK units, then one could say that the mpp is "affecting" the models in question. Which is why I'm not quite sure what to think. Let's use Reckoning of Tzeentch as an example, because it's the simplest to explain of these mpps, the psyker and any unit he is with can reroll misses in the shooting phase. Could they reroll misses against a Sisters unit? I am inclined to believe so, but would love to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

121 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassoon Boy View Post
    Pink Fire of Tzeentch, Reckoning of Tzeentch and Fuelled by Pain are minor psychic powers (mpp for the rest of this post) that directly affect the psyker himself/his unit. I can see an arguement where, if these benefits are used against SoB/GK units, then one could say that the mpp is "affecting" the models in question. Which is why I'm not quite sure what to think. Let's use Reckoning of Tzeentch as an example, because it's the simplest to explain of these mpps, the psyker and any unit he is with can reroll misses in the shooting phase. Could they reroll misses against a Sisters unit? I am inclined to believe so, but would love to be proven wrong.
    It doesn't target nor affect the sisters, just like conceal doesn't affect them, it effects the chaos/eldar unit.

So those powers work as normal.
    My armies:
    16,000+ of Eldar (only need flyers)
    7,000+ of Nids (want heirophant)
    6,000+ of Space Marines (need rever titan)
    4,400+ of Cygnar (all models for the faction)
    1,500+ of Legion (just started)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by tarzen View Post
    It doesn't target nor affect the sisters, just like conceal doesn't affect them, it effects the chaos/eldar unit.

So those powers work as normal.
    Yeah, tarzen's spot on. Note that Shield of Faith/Aegis only affects powers that specifically target (not "affect") a unit of Sisters/GKs. So, even if one of those powers affects the Sisters/GKs, it wouldn't be canceled, so long as the power doesn't actively target the Sisters/GKs. So, for instance, the dreaded Veil of Tears power (used by Eldar Harlequins) will not be canceled by Shield of Faith/Aegis, because it does not target them.

Cheers,

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

+ Reply to Thread