round up or down? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

round up or down?

i have to ask... i have always assumed when people said that you had to round up when you are deciding wether a unit has taken 50% casualties that they were right. however. i would like to know where in the rules it says that.
    if i have a unit of 5 marines and i take 2 casualties then i am at 60% unit str. so my foe should gain no points for the unit being at or below 50% streangth. also... if i have 3 tyranid warriors in one brood and one is killed and the other two are unhurt, then is the unit not above 60% unti str.
    this has puzzled me for a while because i would love to write all my space marines armies with units of 5 but everyone says i should make them units of 6. please help.
    thanks ahead of time.

2. Remove Advertisements

Australian. Capital. Territory
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

228 (x8)

Unit's of 5 must take 2 casualties in order to make a morale check for 25% casualties. They must lose 3 before they are below half strength

Unit's of 6 must lose 2 models as well before they have to make a 25% casualties morale check. Unit's of 6 must lose 4 units before being below 50%.

Since 40k tends to have masses of fearless and near fearless models everyone recommends just ignoring the morale and make it harder for your squad to go below 50%. That means even numbered squads stay scoring longer.

I'm not sure what the reference to the warriors was about so I'm not sure if I answered your question properly.

EDIT: rules help probably isn't the right place for this unless I REALLY misread the question.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Anzac Clan

+ Reply to Thread