Drop Pods and Cities of Death - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    126 (x4)

Drop Pods and Cities of Death

Is there any reason why I could not place a drop pod in a building in CoD? As far as I can tell I can place a drop pod on the 2nd or top floor of building, not just the ground floor.

Thanks!

Tim Wright

"The internet perceives censorship as damage, and routes around it."
    -John Gilmore

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

As far as I know, nothing stops you from placing the drop pod on the roof of a building or the ground floor, Use common sense and read under CoD rulebook ordnance section. At least that's how I think it should work, but you can never assume.. can you!
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be careful of droping your drop pods onto buildings. I dont have the regular SM book but i do have the black templar and DA books. They each say that when drop pods enter play they can be placed anywhere on the table as long as it's not in impassable terrain or within 1" of the enemy. When they scatter and would land on impassable terrain or within 1" of an enemy model, reduce the scatter distance by the minimum to avoide it. And if you check on page 9 of the CoD book on the rules for intact buildings it says that in general intact buildings are impassable terrain. So you could probably get away with it as long as you drop it on a building that only has about 2 walls standing but I know personaly I would have a problem if you droped it on a building that was to much intact.
    Last edited by chaospantz; May 16th, 2007 at 14:14.

+ Reply to Thread