Moving "towards the nearst visible enemy unit"... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

Moving "towards the nearst visible enemy unit"...

There are some units that have special rules making them move/assault/or fleet “towards the nearest visible enemy unit”. My question is, how much control over such movement do we have?

First instance – if there are no enemy units in the line of sight, I assume that you can move as you wish, and might not be forced to move at all, depending on how that rule is worded. If there is a unit in sight – I assume that you can decide to avoid obstacles/difficult terrain as long as you end up closer to the unit in question than your starting position? I think that this is a correct interpretation since some movement (like initiating a charge) specifically says STRAIGHT LINE whereas the “towards the unit” does not require “in straight line”…

What is your opinion on that one, as I plan to run six such units this weekend (sorry if that has been discussed before, but I have seen games where both interpretations have been used for exactly the same unit – Penitent Engine in this case)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x6)

I am sorry - the rule for PEs actually does not say VISIBLE, but simply ENEMY UNIT...

I assume that this changes a lot here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unsited thoughts

Firstly, It is correct that the PE must head towards the nearest unit and they do not need to be in sight.

Secondly, I believe that towards means the most direct route possible. This would prevent you trying to go around dangerous ground or difficult terrain, but would exclude trying to get through impassible terrain.

The basic concept of Holy Rage is that the unit is not rational in its planning. It just has to get to grips with the enemy immediately.

+ Reply to Thread