Couple of interesting debatable questions - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of interesting debatable questions

Well there's been some debate about these two in another forum so i thought i'd jump over here and get a worldwide opinion..... instead of just an australian opinion.

1. Collar of khorne: If an asp Champ takes this piece of wargear can he dispell any psychic power used on the squad he is attached to???
    eg: My tzeentch AC fires bolt of change at a squad of beserkers..... the Khorne AC has KoC........ can he dispell??? and if he can and he fails would that mean that the AC has to take the hit from it??

2. Chaos Dreads: there's been some debate amongst the AUST gamers as to the use of smoke in regards to Fire Frenzy / Blood rage......... Can you pop smoke after a blood rage move??? we decided that NO you can't on a fire frenzy (to stop you shooting your own guys) but what about if you blood rage out in to the middle of the battle field but not make assault distance (essentially a sitting duck)??

{goofy} DEBATE AWAY!!!!!{goofy}

SON'S OF TERRA......... Your defeat, its the emperor's will

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Dice View Post
    1. Collar of khorne: If an asp Champ takes this piece of wargear can he dispell any psychic power used on the squad he is attached to???
    eg: My tzeentch AC fires bolt of change at a squad of beserkers..... the Khorne AC has KoC........ can he dispell??? and if he can and he fails would that mean that the AC has to take the hit from it??
    Well, the Collar of Khorne's text says, "psychic abilities that target the wearer or include him in their area of effect are nullified... on a D6 roll of 2+" (emphasis mine).
    If the AC is in the target unit and is within range, then he is an eligible target and is within the "area of effect". The 2+ roll is not a save however, so if it fails, it does not mean that the hit is automatically allocated to the AC.

2. Chaos Dreads: there's been some debate amongst the AUST gamers as to the use of smoke in regards to Fire Frenzy / Blood rage......... Can you pop smoke after a blood rage move??? we decided that NO you can't on a fire frenzy (to stop you shooting your own guys) but what about if you blood rage out in to the middle of the battle field but not make assault distance (essentially a sitting duck)??
    This is a bit murky. I suppose that RAW may allow you to use Smoke Launchers, since it happens it the Movement phase, but I would take a very dim view of that.
    The game already has limitations on similar types of situations. For instance, if a unit is under the effects of something that makes it so they must charge, you cannot shoot rapid-fire weapons to make the unit un-eligible to charge.
    As far as whether or not you can do it when Blood Raging, of course you can! It doesn't take the place of shooting, so you're still eligible to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Since the power does not specifically target a model, then the collar may be used. The Champion does not need to be the one taking the hit, either.

The reason is that the power targets the squad, of which he is a part of, therefore the power includes him in the 'area of effect.' Then normal shooting rules take over, meaning that no model can be singled out by a shooting effect.

It changes talking about a power that singles out a model, such as Mind War. In that case, the collar can only be used if the power is specifically attacking the Collar wearer.

Dreads may not use Smoke if under the effects of Fire Frenzy. The word must means that the Dread has to fire it's weapons - it has no other choice in the matter.

Blood Rage Dreads may still use Smoke. It's a similar situation to shaken tanks.

+ Reply to Thread