Summoning Demons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have some questions about summoning demons in a chaos space marine army.
    I plan on using Slaneesh. two units of marines one of possesed marines one noise marine. One lord with mark of Slaneesh on steed of slaneesh. Demonettes and Demonettes on steeds.

My question is in the rulebook Q&A online is talkes about only summoning Demons to icons. The army can only have an icon if it has a standard bearer which it can only have in the lords retuine. And they cant have steeds.

The rulebook says they can be summoned to any chaos space marine.

And to make it worse this months White Dwarf says demons can only be summoned to marines with there mark!

HELP!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

i dont have a clue from that m8, prehaps you should call Games Worksop and ask them.

as i remember tho, cant you give sqds an icon? and they can summon?
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daemons can't be summoned to any man with a mark, and the codex doesn't say that. What it does say is that a unit with a mark of anything gets 1 free icon of the mark they took. This Icon usally isn't modelded though it probbly should be. Chosen can have special Icons with additional effects, such as the Rapturous Standard, which also act as beacons for summoning, though they cost points compared to the free Icons. For more information about summoning read page 12, under the header Chaos Icons at the top. Hope I answered your questian =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok my page 12 has Thousand suns and possesed marines. Nothing about Icons or marks. Perhaps I was sent an old codex. It looks new though.

I will quote directly from the rules in my book on summoning on page 5.
    "Demons are attracted to a battle through unholy prayer, the miasma of desolation and war. Greater Demons and Demonic Calvary are kept in reserve at the start of the game, even if the mission does not normally use the Reserves scenario special rule- so do not set up demons apart from demonic princes with the rest of the army
    . Starting with the second turn roll d6 for each demonic unit, at the start of the assault phase, in the Chaos players turn."

"To deploy a summoned Daemon pack, place the Ordinance Blast marker so that it touches at least one model in the Choas Space Marine Army."

Is it an old book or is the last poster right and my Codex dosn't say that. Cuz im starring right at it and it does!

Mabey this will help in the Chaos Armory Icon is listed as (models with Mark of Chaos undivided only
    Chaos Icon(standard bearer only)....... 20pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have the old codex, even if it is in new condition. Look inside the cover on the table of contents page, the newest codex has ISBN code1-84154-322-5, product code 60 03 01 02 003.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was it thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually you do have to model the guy with the free banner. Or at least identify him in some way. The deamons are summoned next to him NOT the squad. It is important because sometimes he is in the back of the squad, sometimes in the front, and sometimes he dies by accident or circumstances in which case you cant summon from there anymore. Protect him untill the deamons are out.

Closed Thread