Swooping Hawk Grenade Packs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

19 (x1)

Swooping Hawk Grenade Packs

Hey guys,

I was wondering if swooping hawks can force enemy units to take a morale test if they cause 25% casualties in an enemy unit with their grenade packs. The rules in morale section state:

"A unit losting 25% or more of it's current unit strenght in models from shooting during a single Shooting phase..." while the grenade packs deliver their damage at the start of the turn, when the swooping hawks re-enter the play.

So in summary, if a large part of an enemy squad is wiped out after grenade pack fire at the start of my turn are they forced to take a morale test? If so do they take it immediately or after my shooting phase.

I am asking this because right now I killed 8 out of 10 guards in a squad and I don't know if they:

1) Maybe run away and I can shoot something else (guards momentarily out of action)
    2) Hold ground, so I have to choose between shooting the guards or shooting another target.

A Tau Ethereal was thought to have been killed today by a Bloodthirster. However, many Tau were seen fleeing the scene and are considered suspects.

2. Remove Advertisements

Brussels, Belgium
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

31 (x1)

I just re-read the rules (BGB, Eldar Codex). I can't find anything that would make these grenade hits count as shooting, and Morale test from 25% casualty is very specifically defined as resulting from shooting, at the end of the shooting phase...

So, no, I don't think any morale test is required here. Strange, but I think that's the rule.

Any other opinion out there ?

Prowling LO, looking for fresh meat.
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

Technically, they don't have to. But some might considering it sporting to do so given that a whole bunch of grenades have just been dumped on your heads .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

+ Reply to Thread