Counts as? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Counts as?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Counts as?

just wondering;

My new lord will have very bulky armor, could i count this as termie armor. Its the same sized armor if not bulkier, but techincally its not the standard termie armor look. can i do this in friendly games if i explain it to my opponent beforehand?

thanks

~koss.

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x2)

I would say so. As far as termie counts as rules, I would like to see a 2+ save eq., such as the bulky armour; a 5++ save, just chaosness is ok for aura equivilent; and if hes badass enough for the extra attack, well thats your "counts as."

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    434 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    just wondering;

My new lord will have very bulky armor, could i count this as termie armor. Its the same sized armor if not bulkier, but techincally its not the standard termie armor look. can i do this in friendly games if i explain it to my opponent beforehand?

thanks

~koss.
    Hi,
    The “counts as” rule is normally invoked when you have either an older mini’s that used to represent the Codex entry or you have a conversion to use that is agreed upon by your opponent. You would not be allowed to use a “count as” model to represent something else that is already on the table eg Those are my standard Terminators over there and these are the converted ones here.
    You can’t have two types to represent the same thing.
    Now this is in tournaments only and in friendly games anything agreed upon before hand goes.
    Cheers.
    In a controversy the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    159 (x5)

but if this is a character, then i'd say it would be fine, even if regualr termi's exist. especially against friends.
    as wicky says talk it over, make sure they understand, and as long it is reasonable a mate shouldn't have an issue
    Caps-Lock, its like cruise-control for AWESOMENESS!
    Dear Game Developer,
    Rock is cheese, Paper is just fine
    Signed Scissors.

WWP and other Dark Eldar how to
    http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=149386

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Splata View Post
    but if this is a character, then i'd say it would be fine, even if regualr termi's exist. especially against friends.
    as wicky says talk it over, make sure they understand, and as long it is reasonable a mate shouldn't have an issue
    Definitely. Just because GW only makes one sort of Termie doesn't mean you have to be held back by it when you're converting up a character or something. Heck, even if you converted up all your termies to look this way, I don't really see a problem!

If it's suitably bulky to give the general feel of Termie armour, any decent opponent ought to be more than willing to play against them just for the novelty value of dealing with conversions. (IMHO, of course.) Some of the absolute coolest armies I've ever played were full of all sorts of converted models, and all it really took to make it all work out was a quick explanation of what everything was beforehand to let me know what I was dealing with. And besides, it can get kinda boring fighting against the same old models time and time again, right?
    We've got plenty of youth... How about a fountain of smart?

+ Reply to Thread