Dreadclaw assualt pod? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Dreadclaw assualt pod?

O.k. so it says that the dreadclaw is:
    - a flyer
    - an orbital lander
    - a drop pod.

so when deploying it from resurves do i deploy it drop pod style or does it fly onto the board, drop off the passengers, and then fly off?

It says it is a flyer; does this mean it may be given the bomb upgrades so it can act as an attack vessel after droping off the troops?

Whenever the dreadclaw leaves the table, does it come back using the flyer rules or does it redeploy as a drop pod.

was very vague in the description in the imperial armor book.

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

It arrives as a drop pod (like it says) and drops the troops off, then behaves like a flyer if you want it to leave the table again.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Rork View Post
    It arrives as a drop pod (like it says) and drops the troops off, then behaves like a flyer if you want it to leave the table again.
    So if its a flyer, can it be fitted with bombs or rockets like other flyers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I believe it behaves like an Orbital Lander as it suggested in the profile. First you roll for your reserve on your turn, once you succeed then the Dreadclaw is on its way to the surface. During your opponent's turn (same turn), you have to plot a course like a Flyer (again, like the profile suggested), meaning you pick any point on any table edge and that will be your entering point, then pick a destination location which is where it lands.
    During your opponent's shooting phase, any model will be able to shoot at the Dreadclaw as it approaches, as long as your opponent can draw a line of sight to the 'flying course' (draw a line from the entering point to the landing point, and that's your flying course), but all measured range will have to add an additional 12" as it's high in the sky. For example, if a bolter can only shoot up to 24", and a marine draws its bolter at the Dreadclaw's flying course and measured it to be exactly 24", but he is actually out of range because the additional 12" height have to be added to the measurement.
    Any shots will only hit the Dreadclaw (Flyer rule) on 6's, Ballistic Skill do not matter in this case unless the shooter has a special rule called Anti-Air (AA). All of the hit shots will only cause glancing hits on the Dreadclaw, it can only be destroyed if it suffers an immoblize or vehicle destroy result. If the Dreadclaw survives through the enemy's shooting phase, then it will land safely like a Drop Pod (Drop Pod rule), meaning you roll a scatter dice plus 2D6 to see where it finalize it's landing location. Your troops will disembark DURING your opponent's turn but at the end of his assault phase, meaning you may move, shoot, assault as normal on your turn.

I think that's how it works. Khorne Berserkers with Dreadclaw = ouchy.. but then again.. Space Marine with their Thunderhawk (orbital lander) carrying a Landraider
    Anima Tactics - try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by nekochen View Post
    I believe it behaves like an Orbital Lander as it suggested in the profile. First you roll for your reserve on your turn, once you succeed then the Dreadclaw is on its way to the surface. During your opponent's turn (same turn), you have to plot a course like a Flyer (again, like the profile suggested), meaning you pick any point on any table edge and that will be your entering point, then pick a destination location which is where it lands.
    During your opponent's shooting phase, any model will be able to shoot at the Dreadclaw as it approaches, as long as your opponent can draw a line of sight to the 'flying course' (draw a line from the entering point to the landing point, and that's your flying course), but all measured range will have to add an additional 12" as it's high in the sky. For example, if a bolter can only shoot up to 24", and a marine draws its bolter at the Dreadclaw's flying course and measured it to be exactly 24", but he is actually out of range because the additional 12" height have to be added to the measurement.
    Any shots will only hit the Dreadclaw (Flyer rule) on 6's, Ballistic Skill do not matter in this case unless the shooter has a special rule called Anti-Air (AA). All of the hit shots will only cause glancing hits on the Dreadclaw, it can only be destroyed if it suffers an immoblize or vehicle destroy result. If the Dreadclaw survives through the enemy's shooting phase, then it will land safely like a Drop Pod (Drop Pod rule), meaning you roll a scatter dice plus 2D6 to see where it finalize it's landing location. Your troops will disembark DURING your opponent's turn but at the end of his assault phase, meaning you may move, shoot, assault as normal on your turn.

I think that's how it works. Khorne Berserkers with Dreadclaw = ouchy.. but then again.. Space Marine with their Thunderhawk (orbital lander) carrying a Landraider
    If its destroyed(assuming you might be right), what happens to the dudes inside?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Kossolax_the_Foresworn View Post
    If its destroyed(assuming you might be right), what happens to the dudes inside?
    D
    E
    A
    D
    !
    !

Use your imagination as to whatever happens to them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

You can't mount rockets on it since there isn't the option to do so.

Nekochen: I'm not convinced. When it arrives, it follows the rules for drop pods. Drop pods do not follow the rules for flyers, and so can't be shot down by AA or any other means.

If it arrives like a drop pod, it can't be using the flyer rules .

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

re looking the rules heres what I'm thinking;
    - comes in as a drop pod.
    - After landing, it counts as an orbital lander. it is treated as a flyer, and on following turns can land at various places in the battlefield to pick up and transport troops.

its sort of like when it first deepstrikes its coming into the atmosphere from space. then, it can act like a flyer once its in lower territory. Not sure though, but sounds right... right?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

476 (x8)

That's what I think, yes. It's only a flyer when it leaves the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

110 (x4)

Dreadclaw isn't a real 'Drop Pod', it's an Orbital Lander like Marine Thunderhawks, Imperial Valkyrie, Tau Orca, etc. It follows the rule given to the Orbital Lander.. or at least that's what I am told by the local GW staff.

+ Reply to Thread